what kind of dremel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotcus6

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey i am in the process of making a few customs and i need to buy a dremel but I keep seeing numbers in the description like, 1/24 or 2/30

But I have no idea what they mean. If anyone can help me out, i will be using it on figures 6" to 18" and other lil odd jobs involving 1/6 scale figures

Thanks

You need a rotatry tool. Dremel is the brand name of rotary tool.
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

Any rotary tool with adjustable speeds will work for whatever you're working on.
Sent from The MaSSaCrE ArTiStRy AsyLuM using Tapatalk

As Mr EcKo said "Any rotary tool with adjustable speeds will work". Decide how much you want to spend, whether you want corded or cordless and then it's worth looking at reviews on Amazon or the like.
A set of micro drills (0.3mm to 1.6mm) and some other small drills (2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm and 3.5mm) will probably come in handy for 1/6 related stuff. I know I use them a lot. :)

Look for something that has a low minimum setting under 10000 rpm. That way you can sand and polish plastic without melting it.

I bought a fairly low value cordless dremmel that has two speeds. It works well for customizing and I bought a $18 accessory kit to go with it which has kept me well stocked for a couple of years now. Only complaint is the battery life on the dremmel really dropped off after owning it for a year or so.

After it's fully charged I can probably hollow out 10 or so resin heads before it's dead and it doesn't hold a charge. So even if I put it away with some juice left it's dead by the time I need it next. Not sure if that's the case for all of them, or just mine. So a corded might be a better option, but I do like that I can take it anywhere.

Back