What do you want from the next generation of consoles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was the most frustrating thing about it. The machine is far to complicated to program for and most multi format games have suffered as result.
And then there's the hacking :slap

True but exclusive games have flourished. I think if the PS3 did better in the U.S there would be alot more exclusive games, also not all the multi-plat games suffered.

I think Sony confirmed that their new console would be using a new cell processor again. So all the tricks learned won't go to waste i guess, i suppose a possible problem is non-compatibilitly with PS3 games.

They showed that they do listen with the Vita so im sure they'll implement an easier console to program for

True but exclusive games have flourished. I think if the PS3 did better in the U.S there would be alot more exclusive games, also not all the multi-plat games suffered.

I think Sony confirmed that their new console would be using a new cell processor again. So all the tricks learned won't go to waste i guess, i suppose a possible problem is non-compatibilitly with PS3 games.

They showed that they do listen with the Vita so im sure they'll implement an easier console to program for

If they are truly listening, they'll make the new architecture as easy to use as possible. They kick themselves in the a$$ again and again with their proprietary hardware designs. That more than anything is the reason why third party games are better on 360.

Are they really going to call it the Xbox 720? That sounds pretty bad. 720p is lower quality HD compared to 1080p full HD. I know that's not what they mean, but I don't think they want 720 in the title because of that association.

Are they really going to call it the Xbox 720? That sounds pretty bad. 720p is lower quality HD compared to 1080p full HD. I know that's not what they mean, but I don't think they want 720 in the title because of that association.

So what should they call it then?

XBOX 1080p 3D +

???

It could be just the development name like how the Kinect was called Natal originally.

Xbox 720 is just the name that journalists are using, there's no insider information saying that name is being used.

And the reason for it is that 360+360=720 not referring to 720p

IMO it will be more like the Gamecube. Capable of getting amazing results, but not fully realized by most third party developers. They will probably play it safe like they did with the Wii. They should probably implement more online capability if they want to stay relevant.

Nintedo console are only good for Nintendo games. :lecture

Everthing else is filler, that's why i never play my Wii anymore, cos there is only about 2-3 worthwhile games a year.

_______

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/333433/xbox-720-will-support-blu-ray-might-not-play-used-games-report/

This "report" suggests that the new Xbox won't play used games, i think that wouldn't be too hard to implement all they have to do is have the console scan the disc to see if it's been used by another Xbox and disable the content if it has.

That is a hell of a slap in the face to the gaming community though, i don't think they'll have the balls to go through with that.

That to me is more speculation for headlines than facts, but in terms of the used games market...

1. People who used games don't do it for the fun of it they do it cos they can better afford it, they won't suddenly have more money for New games if the pre-owned market is destroyed

2. Many gamers sell old games to retailers to better finance new games, if they can't do that they'll have less to spend on new games and the market will grow smaller.

3. if gamers KNOW that their games can't be sold, they'd be less likely to buy games without knowing every single detail about them beforehand and know if they'll be worth the money, which means games with any negative reviews will sell a whole lot less.

3. Making it so that you can't sell something you've bought has got to be against some kind of law, if it was implemented then you couldn't even sell your games on eBay.

^^^^
4. You wouldn't even be able to take your game to a friend or family members house and play it on their system. (Assuming they didn't have an Internet connection to log into your Live account with.)

I know of one first hand which is better on the ps3 ( portal 2 ) and heard assassins creed is very good also port wise. All the others have suffered in one way or another. It actually annoys me because I love the machine itself, love the interface, love the exclusives but the net suffers and most of the games I play ( multi format ) run and look better on the 360.
The vita looks very very good and I really hope the next playstation pushes the machine further forward than its rivals!

Something else to consider with the whole "no used games" thing. What if your XBox red rings? The new system would read the games as "used" and your whole library would be useless. I can't see it working. It has to be just a rumor that's going around.

Something else to consider with the whole "no used games" thing. What if your XBox red rings? The new system would read the games as "used" and your whole library would be useless. I can't see it working. It has to be just a rumor that's going around.

I'm guessing that most likely the games would be tied to your account rather than the actual console. Like Steam

I'm guessing that most likely the games would be tied to your account rather than the actual console. Like Steam

:lecture I think I"m just going to stick with Retro gaming from this point on. SNES games are $1 at the local pawn stores when I find them.

I really don't like the whole connecting games to user accounts. I share a lot of games back and forth with my friends so this could definitely mess that plan up. Sony should be grateful of this!! If I didn't borrow God of War when I first bought my PS3 I would've never become a Kratos fanboy.

I would love the next gen to be more PC enabled - love to see mods and the like on console games, like PC - needs accessible Operating system

Microsoft has gone out of their way with the 360 to not make it PC-like, so I don't see that happening.

Back