What do you want from the next generation of consoles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.computerandvideogames.com/335369/xbox-720-has-wii-u-touchscreen-controller-report/

If this is true then Sony could have a leg up if they have the Vita as the controller for the PS4, as well as an actual console all in itself

I don't think that they will be just trying to copy the Wii U, and that controller would be ugly.

However, I think Sony has an advantage, with the PS3 and Vita they can do everything the Wii U can do, if they wanted. I think the only issue would be any deals that are made that might make it so PS3 versions of games can't have the same functionality of the Wii U version.

I"m not sure that controller would be comfortable for extended playtime. I thought this crazy stuff was over when the Dreamcast tried experimenting with it??

I"m not sure that controller would be comfortable for extended playtime. I thought this crazy stuff was over when the Dreamcast tried experimenting with it??

That wasn't why it failed---my main issue is that it would be stupid for Microsoft to try and compete for the same thing as Nintendo. I would rather that they have a really powerful gaming/media console for a reasonable price rather than a slightly more powerful console with a super expensive gaming controller.

Plus, they will most likely have a new version of Kinect that would vastly improve its capabilities and so I don't think a gimmicky controller is necessary.

You got me on that one, if i can avoid it i dont buy digital, i prefer to own what i purchase.

It would all be fine if companies didn't put so many restrictions and limitations & removal of rights in the T&C's

So what is the Wii U nintendo's attempt at making an adult console? I haven't looked that much into it. If so, they should change the name.

I didn't know anyone made those. :lol Nintendo did make quite an impact with the Wii controllers. So next up is the Nintendo Wii Wii controller...

No interest in motion controls for me. If it were an actual improvement over a controller, maybe but not so much from my experience.

I'm just waiting for the holodeck. I think that's a few generations a away though..You see what I did there?

No interest in motion controls for me. If it were an actual improvement over a controller, maybe but not so much from my experience.

I'm just waiting for the holodeck. I think that's a few generations a away though..You see what I did there?

Maybe not too far away--combine Kinect with a 3D visor (like the Sony thing in the other thread) and it'd be really close, you just couldn't touch anything

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhDfOgZsiAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhDfOgZsiAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

This guy is so on the money!!!

His analogy of Tennis without a racket and Cars without steering wheels are perfect

I don't want any new generation consoles because of several different reasons. One being that in order to play Halo, you must buy an Xbox, if you want to play Uncharted, playstation.. Just a waste of money when all games could have been released on the same platform. PC is the way to go in my opinion. So much better, I can't play Halo Reach anymore because graphics looks like a joke compared to BF3 on my new PC.

Anyway, to answer the question:
1080p gaming (already on PC..)
High-end graphics (already on PC..)
The ability to play co-op on two HDTV's from the same console/machine. (already on PC on some games)

Last edited:
I just want them to up the specs massively.

Don't want it upgradeable as that will just encourage laziness amongst devleopers.

The latest games like Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 look great on a system that is now 6 years old.

Having the system specs as a constant means developers know what they have to aim for and constantly refine for to get continued improvement.

As soon as something is upgradeable we will end up like the PC gaming market where developers simply program for the highest end piece of equipment and can't be bothered to do anything else properly.

Maybe now that everyting is moving online with extremely fast connections we can get rid of the physical game boxes altogether (cutting out game stores/middlemen/delivery/storage/printing/etc) and just download the latest games to the systems harddrive.

Back