what do I keep????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massf

Super Freak
Reaction score
o.k., so I've just moved from a 4 bed detached house to a 3 bed semi-detached and no longer have room to diaplay all my statues and busts.

My question here is: what do I keep?

I have what I would consider some "gems" in my collection that I probably will keep such as Hard Hero Silver Surfer, Hulk, Iron Fist Exclusive and Namor all artists proofs and all signed by Seth Vandable.

I also have the Bowen and DST chrome Silver Surfer statues, as well as all 7 DC Direct Justice League Maquettes, and all 5 Teen Titan maquettes.

I think the Sideshow Abe Sapien 1/3 maquette will go, along with about 90% of my Bowen mini busts.

Also considering selling my Bowen FS original Thor as although I like him, not sure I'd display him again.

Also considering selling my Sideshow Grey Hulk PF, Exclusive Iron man Legendary bust and Iron Man exclusive comiquette as they are just too damn huge and take up a lot of space (didn't really appreciate how much of a premium space would be in my new home :monkey2 )

Got lots more statues (all Marvel and DC) that I think I'll probably end up selling and maybe just keep the core of my favourites in my collection.

What do you guys think?

I would definitely keep the Sideshow Grey Hulk PF, and Iron Man exclusive comiquette. They are quality. They may take up room, but get rid of the rest and you will have two great pieces in your home. Of course you will have some favourites of your own. Keep the best first and the favourites next. In the end you know what to do. Try not to do something you will regret later, especially the Grey Hulk. That piece is timeless.

The Grey Hulk is very nice.....however I do have the green version as well and I know I'll probably get a decent price if I sell the grey version. Just moved house so the money will def come in handy too......

Sell me Beta Ray Bill and Thors Bowen Bust! :) :chew

Abe sucks. Too big if you need space.

Dont sell anything Sideshow Marvel....
The Hard Hero stuff is nice also.

The rest can go.

On a side note, do you have the Hulk MB by bowen?

Shai Hulud said:

The rest can go.

On a side note, do you have the Hulk MB by bowen?

sorry...no...If I did that would be one I'd hang onto!

Shai Hulud said:

The rest can go.

On a side note, do you have the Hulk MB by bowen?[/QUOTE]

as an aside...I don have the yellow costume Wolverine bust (not the latest one by Bowen) signed by Herb Trimple and RB........

heh....wish I did

Keeping most of my Marvel SS stuff as they are cool pieces. As mentioned before I'm thinking of getting rid of Grey Hulk exclusive and Iron Man exclusive purely due to their size (and my wifes annoyance.....:tap )

but I'm guessing that I'm going to have to sell about 50% of my collection to make it a little more manageable....:monkey2

Ya know, I was just thinkin bout hunting down Iron Man and Hulk to go w/Cap and get an Avengers crew started.

I say don't sell them though. 1-I'm broke and 2-You might REALLY regret it.

true.... I may regret it. However my viewpoint is that they are too huge to display in the space I have available so I can either:

1)keep them boxed up in my parents loft and not see them

OR

2)sell them and not see them! (and get some cash too in the process)

Well if you decide to sell the DST Chrome Surfer drop me a pm i am based in the UK!!Been looking for one of those!

brettb said:
Well if you decide to sell the DST Chrome Surfer drop me a pm i am based in the UK!!Been looking for one of those!

I'll keep you in mind if I do sell it. Not sure if I should sell that or the Bowen chrome I have.......or both!!!

Too bad you don't take trades on that IronMan EX Comiquette. PM me if otherwise.

Mookeylama said:
if u have the Green, then i'd sell the Grey Hulk. i'd definitely keep Iron Man tho.

space my good man....it's all about space!!!

Back