What did you think of The Force Awakens?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you think of The Force Awakens?

• It was great!

Votes: 88 50.0%
  • It was good.

Votes: 49 27.8%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • It was not good.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • It was terrible!

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
Voted... It was great!

I'm thinking that a few of the items fans are saying were disappointing will be resolved come Ep.VIII.

A big part of this movie was the hunt for Luke Skywalker, so he didn't get a lot of screen time. Based on the ending, it seems he will play a much larger role as a Master and Rey as his padawan in the next episode.

Captain Phasma may come back with a vengeance. I don't know. But she seems to have some history with Finn. We'll find out.

Kylo Ren was a wuss in a lightsaber duel against Rey. I know this has been discussed to death. He was just blasted in the stomache/hip by Chewie (you could see him limping as he was walking in the snow as he met with Rey and Finn), appeared to be severely bleeding, and is no where near being a master some thought he would be. Snoke did say that he needed to complete his training. He appears to be young and hot-headed as well, bashing things with his lightsaber when he's upset. Very immature. I can't wait to see him after his training is complete.

Yeah, he was crippled and definitely has not mastered his anger. I thought they wanted to make him look weak, so that he can come back much improved (like Luke in Jedi) Hoping Kylo V2 lands with a vengeance.

I thought is was good not great, The hole Solo death p***d me off to no end did nothing for the story just Ford getting his way. Chewie not taking Ben out and Han letting the Falcon go and looking for it for years was just stupid He loved the Falcon he would never let her go

Can't really go by the poll yet though. When MOS first came out, it got favouritive ratings and poll. Yet, some on here continually bash it.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ussion/129344-rate-steel.html?highlight=steel

Still gives an indicator that nitpicking/bashing comes only from a very vocal minority. Though I would be curious to see how people would rate MOS now. I always found it to be a decent film but I haven't watched it since 2013. Clearly it hasn't stuck with me as something I like to revisit.

I *loved* TDKR when it came out but it's probably been two years since I've even touched the blu-ray on that one as well. I don't even watch TDK. If I want Nolan Bats I always go back to BB.

How sensitive of you....nitpicking. I find they have a lot in common with the characters of Kylo and Anakin :lol

I'm not calling anyone out. I've actually skimmed over pretty much all negative posts (therefore I pretty much have no idea what issues jye, a-dev, and DiFabio have with the film :lol.) So when I say nitpicking I'm speaking generally. You know "insert said nitpick here" type of thing.

Since you mention Kylo and Anakin together I actually do see similarities between them but only because Kylo is kind of "Anakin done the proper way." When Anakin got upset he was just a whiny ***** IMO, but when Kylo gets upset I'm reminded of Karl losing his temper in Die Hard which hits that balance of funny and cool without demeaning the character.

Last edited:
Annie had a woman to confuse him make him be all sensitive and whinny.....Kylo has his head on straight and just breaks things in anger...I kid

I gave Man of Steel an 8/10 on that thread, and I'd change my score to a 4/10. I don't enjoy the battle in Metropolis, the irreverence for the destruction, and the emphasis on explosions over character. I also find the acting and music to be bland. I still like some of the flash back scenes, but that's it.

My high score for Man of Steel was all based on as a reaction to the previous Superman films and I was sick of the jokes in the Marvel films. I did a similar thing with Days of Future Past because of the Marvel movies, and I now despise that movie (I'd watch Age of Ultron any day over any X-Men movie). I also really wanted to see Superman get his butt kicked around a city. I didn't like how previous portrayals made Superman as someone who created a culture of dependency, and I couldn't stand the whole secret identity glasses trope. I also haven't seen a Michael Bay film, so it was something new for me.

With The Force Awakens, I love it for legitimate reasons. I don't see the film as a re-hash of the previous films. I think parallels are purposely done to set up the new trilogy, and I think it stands as a good film. The acting, humor, special effects, and characters are excellent. The more I think about it, the more I love it.

I gave Man of Steel an 8/10 on that thread, and I'd change my score to a 4/10.

I predict this will happen with this film. Most people are swept up in the moment. The same thing happened with TPM, and that movie at least had a phenomenal lightsabre duel that I re-watch at times. This is a poor film being driven to applause by lingering dislike of the prequels and nostalgia.

This movie was lazy about world building, failing to logically connect to the ending of RotJ. I felt it lacked genuine tension after the point Rey and Finn meet Han and Chewbacca, the coincidence of which is just absurd. The aliens felt too prequel-esque for my comfort. The attack on the giant super weapon, which the First Order use with the capriciousness of a comic book super villain with a death ray, lacked any of the desperation apropos to the effort. Take away the Star Wars branding and this was notable only for solid acting by the leads and some decent costume/set design.

Did some venting in the other thread but aside from that - overall - I enjoyed it. It was good.

Man of Steel is one of the few movies I thought was so bad I bailed on it after 30 minutes.

I thought Prometheus was a 7/10 when I walked out of the cinema. By the end of the next day it was a 2/10.

I haven't been back for a second viewing, but my view of TFA hasn't changed since I saw it: 7/10

Man of Steel is one of the few movies I thought was so bad I bailed on it after 30 minutes.

I thought Prometheus was a 7/10 when I walked out of the cinema. By the end of the next day it was a 2/10.

I haven't been back for a second viewing, but my view of TFA hasn't changed since I saw it: 7/10

Were you in the theater for MOS?

I guess I'm cheap because I don't like to walk out on something I paid for. The only movie I walked out of the theater on was the Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

Back