What did you think of The Force Awakens?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you think of The Force Awakens?

• It was great!

Votes: 88 50.0%
  • It was good.

Votes: 49 27.8%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • It was not good.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • It was terrible!

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
It was okay, I had fun. The movie was capable and satisfactory. It was refreshing getting a Star Wars movie with decent dialogue for change. A bit too much rehashing and a little unoriginal for my taste, but it was a good beginning/set up that I assume will get better and have some pay off in future movies.

I would have gone with "It was very good" as something in-between "good" and "great." But if you twist my arm here I'll go with "good." Not without flaws, but given the goal of Disney and Abrams, I think it's about as good as we could hope for. Best thing to come out if it is, potentially, some really interesting and more original stories to come with these cool new characters. But if Ep. 8 is Empire rehashed, I'll probably change my tune. Once is OK, to get people roped in, etc. But let's put the past behind us now and do something new and different, please.

I would have gone with "It was very good" as something in-between "good" and "great." But if you twist my arm here I'll go with "good." Not without flaws, but given the goal of Disney and Abrams, I think it's about as good as we could hope for. Best thing to come out if it is, potentially, some really interesting and more original stories to come with these cool new characters. But if Ep. 8 is Empire rehashed, I'll probably change my tune. Once is OK, to get people roped in, etc. But let's put the past behind us now and do something new and different, please.

I think the best way to be different than Empire will be to have another Super-weapon and to have the good guys win at the end. No cliffhanger.

But if Ep. 8 is Empire rehashed, I'll probably change my tune. Once is OK, to get people roped in, etc. But let's put the past behind us now and do something new and different, please.

I do think that if the next two installments are sufficiently "original" then people will have a lot less of an issue with TFA's parallels to ANH.

I believe that what Abrams accomplished with TFA will go down as one of the most amazing things in cinema, ever, at LEAST from a business standpoint. Here Disney had gone and paid $4 *BILLION* for a franchise that had been beaten and bloodied and stigmatized as being so tainted and divisive and if TFA turned out to be a Genisys-type kickstarter I can't even imagine the ramifications on all things SW going forward, and hell, Disney itself.

This was truly the make or break moment of the entire saga, possibly even moreso than ESB was. And Abrams delivered. Talk about clutch!

Well, I dunno that what Abrams has done is amazing. A Star Wars film with the original cast coming back was always going to be of interest regardless of how crap the prequels were.

Mutt Williams > Ben Solo

Mutt had daddy and abandonment issues, but atleast he didn't kill his old man. Also old Marion was still semi bangable and could move her face.

I voted great. It was much better than good.... although "great" is somewhat of a gradient.

I put it ahead of all the PT.

I'm not certain if it goes ahead of ROTJ -- making it the 3rd best Star Wars -- or if its just below ROTJ. I need to see it again and see how it holds up past the excitement of seeing a new, well-acted Star Wars.

Not sure about those crazy rolly-polly things in Han's ship. :lol

I do think that if the next two installments are sufficiently "original" then people will have a lot less of an issue with TFA's parallels to ANH.

I believe that what Abrams accomplished with TFA will go down as one of the most amazing things in cinema, ever, at LEAST from a business standpoint. Here Disney had gone and paid $4 *BILLION* for a franchise that had been beaten and bloodied and stigmatized as being so tainted and divisive and if TFA turned out to be a Genisys-type kickstarter I can't even imagine the ramifications on all things SW going forward, and hell, Disney itself.

This was truly the make or break moment of the entire saga, possibly even moreso than ESB was. And Abrams delivered. Talk about clutch!

Some of you guys, so "unimpressed." :lol This could have EASILY been another KOTCS. Easily.

I completely agree with both of these comments.

I'll leave my official opinion on the movie until after my second viewing but for now I thought it was really good.

Not sure about those crazy rolly-polly things in Han's ship. :lol

Holy crap, I commented in the other thread a couple days ago how much the pirate/rolly-polly sequence felt like some wacky mid-80's sci-fi throwback and that it's probably what we might have seen if Episode VII came out three years after ROTJ (1986.) And now I see in the Art of The Force Awakens book that the production designer stated flat-out that he used 1986 as a reference for that sequence! It was literally a deliberate Big Trouble in Little China/Little Shop of Horrors version of Star Wars! I can see people not loving that idea but I think it was freaking brilliant.

And that means I also properly guessed the thought process for those scenes so you are all free to bow to my superior filmmaking wisdom.

Last edited:
Going to the movies on Christmas! WUT

It's just me and Mom. We've been doing it for years.

Both my brothers families do Christmas on another day (usually Christmas Eve), so there's not much to do Christmas day if you don't have kids.

Back