Prop What color was Jabba's Sail Barge?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astro666

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anybody know, for sure, what was the actual color of the set-used prop that was assembled and painted on-site in Buttercup Valley in 1982? If you don't know, feel free to chime in with your opinion anyway. I guess the thread doesn't have to be restricted to only discussing one SW vehicle.:dunno

Feel free to include pix in your response.
:postpics:
11lsktc.jpg

etgxvm.jpg

a3016v.jpg

I know this last pic isn't the Sail Barge but I thought people would find it interesting.
qrncll.jpg

Found here:
https://www.propstore.com/buttercupvalley.htm

Ask Jkno, he no doubt knows the correct answer :lecture

I have no idea. Pink maybe?

On a more serious note (though pink is serious) you might want to look on RPF, maybe someone there made an accurate studio scale barge, or has more info about the screen used one

Weathered bronze, it retains a metallic look, but sometimes looks slightly blue or green.

I have no idea. Pink maybe?

On a more serious note (though pink is serious) you might want to look on RPF, maybe someone there made an accurate studio scale barge, or has more info about the screen used one

Couldn't find anyhting on RPF.

You are having the issue that most toy and collectible companies have. Do you go with the actual prop color (something blueish) or with what it looked like onscreen (something brownish)?

If I was going to paint something like a model of the Sail Barge or something like that I would be interested in the onscreen color. But for just research or knowledge then I would be interested in the actual set used prop color. Since I am not doing either of those things then I guess I would rather know it all. :lol

That's a pretty cool little piece of memorabilia. From the look of those 2 last pix of the Barge, it looks like it might be some sort of oxidized/sun-bleached bronze color.

Back