What are you listening to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Set to 720p 50 FPS (which doesn't work in Firefox for me, only Chrome)

It's JUST before Nevermind, so you get Nevermind songs, Kurt still willing to rock out and jump around sometimes, not perfect sound that's a little low-end heavy : which makes Dave's pre-verse fills in Drain You sound especially ridiculously violent, and a Teen Spirit before they sped it up 20% to get it over with faster

And while this isn't a pro-shot or anything, I'm convinced they had to assume something might potentially be going on, recording-wise, since Kurt takes off his sunglasses for Teen Spirit

From what you're describing, were Cobain's performances getting progressively worse (or was he getting out of character) before his death? That's a good looking remaster, though. I'm not a Nirvana fan, but I do enjoy several of their songs.

From what you're describing, were Cobain's performances getting progressively worse (or was he getting out of character) before his death? That's a good looking remaster, though. I'm not a Nirvana fan, but I do enjoy several of their songs.

He just lost the fun of performing. Long story / cliches short : he went from doing punk shows with "his" people to doing giant shows in front of crowds of people that would harass him in school. But at the same time, he really pushed the Nirvana fame train (despite his claims). So he was shy of the press and crowds, and also craved the press and crowds - for a while. So he was either a hypocrite, or didn't know the results of what his stardom efforts would be. Or somewhere in between. Also, lots of heroin.

The fact that no one really knew which version they knew of him was the "real" him adds to the aura.

But regarding the concerts- they got slightly more technically proficient as the band went along, though Cobain became more factory-pressed with his performances. But by the In Utero tour(s), the uniqueness came usually in terms of how little Cobain cared, or wanted to antagonize an audience.

The South American shows are the perfect example. He didn't like the way the audience treated their openers (an all-girl punk band), so they tweaked the setlist. The opener was an unreleased song (which is still technically unreleased), half the set consisted of b-sides, they didn't play Teen Spirit, and closed with a long noise-jam song. As for their Sao Paolo show... well.

He just lost the fun of performing. Long story / cliches short : he went from doing punk shows with "his" people to doing giant shows in front of crowds of people that would harass him in school. But at the same time, he really pushed the Nirvana fame train (despite his claims). So he was shy of the press and crowds, and also craved the press and crowds - for a while. So he was either a hypocrite, or didn't know the results of what his stardom efforts would be. Or somewhere in between. Also, lots of heroin.

The fact that no one really knew which version they knew of him was the "real" him adds to the aura.

But regarding the concerts- they got slightly more technically proficient as the band went along, though Cobain became more factory-pressed with his performances. But by the In Utero tour(s), the uniqueness came usually in terms of how little Cobain cared, or wanted to antagonize an audience.

The South American shows are the perfect example. He didn't like the way the audience treated their openers (an all-girl punk band), so they tweaked the setlist. The opener was an unreleased song (which is still technically unreleased), half the set consisted of b-sides, they didn't play Teen Spirit, and closed with a long noise-jam song. As for their Sao Paolo show... well.

Good analysis! And from what you're describing, it seems pretty intriguing that he had an air of mystery behind his shows and personality. I bet it was great being able to witness it all during that time. His heroin use and death were just tragic.

Synth wave!! :rock I'm listening to it as we speak.

Back