What are you listening to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been listening to the Cranberries all day. RIP Dolores. :(

Ridiculously sad news. Another irreplaceable talent lost.

^ One of the best metal songs in existence IMO.

I've been listening to a lot of Queen lately. Can't get enough of it. I've also been listening to a lot of Dwight Yoakem, and have re-aquainted myself with one of my all-time favorites, Uncle Tupelo.

^ One of the best metal songs in existence IMO.

I've been listening to a lot of Queen lately. Can't get enough of it. I've also been listening to a lot of Dwight Yoakem, and have re-aquainted myself with one of my all-time favorites, Uncle Tupelo.

It really is beautiful. Proving they were just as heavy slowed down.

You have a strong taste for harmonies? I'm not a Queen fan, but between his voice and May's guitar, the chords just sprawl for miles. Upward, as it were.

Slayer has range, but it all points south. That handful of years at the turn of the decade was replete with metal bands realizing their full depth. Testament and Anthrax stand out in my memory. Megadeth did Rust in Peace. All of it was ridiculously sophisticated; more than any other music at the time, short of the philharmonics and jazz masters (which they arguably made up for in shear volume of energy). Metallica was conspicuously absent, but they had already gone as far as they could by '88.

It set the stage for the next wave. Sepultura, Neurosis, Brujeria, Cannibal Corpse. I lose track after that.

Dave Chapp... I mean Prince.

200w.gif

Back