What are you listening to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Paul Gilbert is a great guitarist. One of the best but its hard to name one guy the greatest living guitar player today.:wink1:

not its not, not for me. to me he is the best. to others it might be Clapton, etc. just my opinion. everyone thinks something is the best, and are they wrong? id say no.

but i certainly understand your point. even a knucklehead would say he is very good. watching him infuriates me. it just reminds me of how limited and small my playing knowledge is. he inspires you for like 10 seconds, then you grab your guitar and immediately realize how foolish you are to think you can be like that. and I've played for 25 years.

this is a great example of a music career starting out in one direction and ending in another. A modern version of this might be Pantera. This is my favorite Kenny song of all time.

not its not, not for me. to me he is the best. to others it might be Clapton, etc. just my opinion. everyone thinks something is the best, and are they wrong? id say no.

but i certainly understand your point. even a knucklehead would say he is very good. watching him infuriates me. it just reminds me of how limited and small my playing knowledge is. he inspires you for like 10 seconds, then you grab your guitar and immediately realize how foolish you are to think you can be like that. and I've played for 25 years.
Definitely understand Paul Gilbert being the best for you. It's true for most people, there's always that one guy that is the greatest to them, that for someone else it's another guy. I'm the type that can't pick just one as the greatest but I do have my favorites that for me are the best. Either way, if you have to pick one then yes Paul Gilbert is a great choice.

Back