What are you eating...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banana chips

It is damned hard to find good banana chips.

Well...we were going to have ribs for dinner tonight. But we had a little mishap.

You see...when you cook ribs directly on the grill, it is a very delicate operation. You have to keep the heat low and cook them a long time.

I had my operation going smoothly until I asked my son to put the corn-on-the-cob and the potatoes on the grill. Then, for who knows what reason...he decided to open the vents all the way. I went to look 5 minutes later and there was an inferno in the grill and the ribs could have just been added to the charcoal base in the bottom of the grill. We'll try again next week.

Kraft Mac-n-Cheese and corndogs for dinner.:)

The thing that made my kids the maddest about the deal was that I had let them preview the sauce I made and they were all jonesing for it on the ribs.

I had my operation going smoothly until I asked my son to put the corn-on-the-cob and the potatoes on the grill. Then, for who knows what reason...he decided to open the vents all the way. I went to look 5 minutes later and there was an inferno in the grill and the ribs could have just been added to the charcoal base in the bottom of the grill. We'll try again next week.

The thing that made my kids the maddest about the deal was that I had let them preview the sauce I made and they were all jonesing for it on the ribs.

Adoption is calling you.

:lol

Adoption is calling you.

:lol

These things were so charred...to bones might be charred. Maybe I should post a picture of them.

Edit - Nathan's secret cajun blackened beef ribs flambe

DSC02407.jpg

Last edited:
Grilled up some steak and bakes today with a grilled vegetable mix. My son helped me out again and completely redeemed himself for the ribs frickase yesterday.

I had onions, zuccini, squash, broccoli, brussle sprouts, and carrots in the mix and normally the kids dig on the vegetables the way I do them, but adding the onions and brussle sprouts made my wonder if I was pushing my luck. But after seasoning the steaks for me, my son seasoned the vegetables as he thought the girls would like them and they hit. Everyone loved them...even me and I hate brussle sprouts.

Back