WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dirk Benedict/Richard Hatch interest thread

If I had to point out some minor differences, I think the thing that seems a bit offish to me is the nose. It's a little more bulbous/button-like than the actor's. The mole also seems a bit more pronounced on the sculpt, but that could simply be the lighting. Mind you, I never realized he HAD a facial mole until I saw the sculpt's pre-production shots. It might be better to omit it entirely.

It's still lightyears beyond what Majestic already gave us, though.

Even comparing he sculpt to Leo Morgan' posted pix, I don't see how it can be thought to be the same. The face just doesn't look like Dirk.

Thanks for all the feedback guys - I WILL get this right ;)

I'd say make the face a little longer.

Is there anyway to see a "painted" version in your program?

yes there is - I ll sort him out and then give you guys a side by side comparison, and also do a test paint up in the program :)

I agree with duck of death.
Or ask one of the other sculpters, (Zsculpter,Spencer, Monkey, etc)
I'm sure they could tell you right off.

I'll try to make it quicker ;)

I've been watching this for a wee while and I'm not ready to bite yet. I think that you can tell who the sculpt is, but a few little tweaks would bring it home.

Any plans to make an accurate 1/6 cylon head / helmet ? I don't think there is an accurate one available at the moment.

i agree - he's a real tricky one to get right! There are allot of real fans on here and I wanna make you happy - so watch this space :)

Any plans to make an accurate 1/6 cylon head / helmet ? I don't think there is an accurate one available at the moment.

We really want to populate the 1:6 Galactica universe. Not ever having a decent Starbuck or Apollo has been a black arrow of death in our sides for awhile. We want to do a Lucifer. We want an Athena and Sheba. It all comes down to the collective votes of interest from you guys on who or what gets made.

Getting sixteen people to express (non committal) interest in any characters head is all it takes.

Next up after Starbuck is probably Apollo, just because hos votes are nearly there (thugh he still needs to get to 16, which I'm sure he will after SB's done). From there it's your guys call.

Loose interest thread:

STARBUCK- Dirk Benedict
1)William Shatners Toupee
2)Mad Old Jim
3)Star Puffs
4)Evil Face
5)Tekkaman Blade (Faceman)
6)Milo1164
7)JediMike71
8)Duck of Death
9)Knucklefunger
10)Mooncat
11)Iron Man 1188
12)Ericks
13)Leo Morgan
14-15)LordAzreal x2
16)Yodasan
17)Full Art Alchemist
18)IFrack
19)El Skutto

APOLLO- Richard Hatch
2)Milo1164
3)JediMike71
4)Starpuffs
5)Duck of Death (maybe)
6)Mooncat
7)Iron Man 1188
8)Ericks
9)LordAzreal
10)Yodasan
11)IFrack
12)El Skutto

ATHENA- Maren Jensen
2)Star Puffs
3)Cryo Guns
4)Milo1164
5)LordAzreal
6)Ironman1188
7)IFrack
8)El Skutto (?)

BALTAR
Ironman1188
IFrack

Baltar definitely needs more support.
C'mon classic BSG fans!! we need the antagonists and traitors too!!

In regards to Starbuck sculpted smiling or not smiling, I think of it in terms of "in which way will he will fit into most peoples displays best?"

He is cocky when with his friends but never cocky and full or bravado when in firefights where he is only serious, almost scared. So if he is sculpted cocky, it's fine for the people who just stand them like a photograph all hanging around together, but I find smiling figures completely ruin the mood of serious displays when the figures are in battle and it would be out of character.

If he is sculpted serious/neutral he doesn't ruin either display.

I'm in for any of the classic BSG characters. As for Starbuck, maybe a smirking expression would be the best of both worlds?

Back