WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dirk Benedict/Richard Hatch interest thread

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd pop on and update to say we'll have the Benedict and Hatch heads done by the end of the year --- which is really saying within the next three months. Then we'll go forward with other classic Galactica character heads as long as your interest remains as it is one of my most wanted licenses to have figs from too. :)

I gotta be honest, I never realized The A-Team was a license that had people clamoring for 1:6 heads for those of you who mentioned it. Come the new year I will start an A-Team interest thread to see if the kind of forum interest is there to make you guys the rest of those heads.
-Rick :)

Thanks for the update Rick! I have the Starbuck and Apollo 12" figures from Majestic Studios, and definitely want to upgrade the head sculpts with yours for Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict! Also, I'm a HUGE Battlestar Galactica fan. Original series and the newer Sci-Fi Channel series. But I'm also a BIG fan of the A-Team too. We all know that Hot Toys released the Rocky III Clubber Lang Mr. T. that most people have always talked about converting to a B.A. Barracus. But I've never seen a custom B.A. from it...yet. I'll love having custom head sculpts for all 4 guys! I've never seen a 1:6 scale "Mad Dog" Murdock, or Hannibal Smith head sculpt. So it'll be great to finally see them. Plus a more accurate Dirk Benedict as Templeton "Face" Peck, and your vision of Mr. T. as B.A. :yess: I hope to be able to get them all!

Kewl on the Benedict head.

But yea, I'm sure there would be interest in a Hannibal and Murdock heads as well.

here is my BA.

MrT1.jpg

and 4 A-Tem WIPs on the right.

DSC_1654.JPG

Great work EVILFACE! I love your custom Mad Max and Punisher too! Hey, what body did you use for Max? I have everything for a Road Warrior Mad Max right now except the body. Please let me know. Thanks!

Oh yeah...your figure stands are great too! Did you make the titles on them? Or did someone else on the board do the titles or names on the stands? Please let me know. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd pop on and update to say we'll have the Benedict and Hatch heads done by the end of the year --- which is really saying within the next three months. Then we'll go forward with other classic Galactica character heads as long as your interest remains as it is one of my most wanted licenses to have figs from too. :)

I gotta be honest, I never realized The A-Team was a license that had people clamoring for 1:6 heads for those of you who mentioned it. Come the new year I will start an A-Team interest thread to see if the kind of forum interest is there to make you guys the rest of those heads.

I wa anxious and as I read: Just thought I'd pop on and update to say we'll have the Benedict and Hatch heads done by the end of the
automatically insserted the word "week" at the end of the sentence. My hopes soared, then it sunk in I had misread it.
I do look forward to them, and a decent Baltar. The A-team? I have HT's Mr.T, Dirk might be useful for a Chopper One Gil Foley bash and Peppard could make his way into my Battle Beyond the Stars group.

I wa anxious and as I read: Just thought I'd pop on and update to say we'll have the Benedict and Hatch heads done by the end of the
automatically insserted the word "week" at the end of the sentence. My hopes soared, then it sunk in I had misread it.
I do look forward to them, and a decent Baltar. The A-team? I have HT's Mr.T, Dirk might be useful for a Chopper One Gil Foley bash and Peppard could make his way into my Battle Beyond the Stars group.

Wow EvilFace, nice bashes! Love the Mad Max costume!!!

Ironman1188- I feel your pain! I literally want the Galactica heads NOW, too.

I also officially want to give you the "big balls" award for constantly mentioning how you want "Battle Beyond the Stars" customs, which is as good as admitting you want a John-Boy head from the WALTONS to make that happen (laugh). It's been a few decades since I've seen that movie. Who was Peppard, the space cowboy?

I wanted to bring up Galactica costumes again. I know most people are going to be getting the Galactica heads as replacement heads so won't necessarily care, but I am definitely going to be looking to get all new uniforms made for my Starbuck and Apollo regardless of if anyone else wants to join in and make it a group commission. I will post deets once I find someone to do it and info.

Carrying on from that thought, I know this may be too early to bring up, but if we assume Athena will make up part of the second set of heads we make for very early next year, just on the basis that we would have to make new female sized boots and I would then be commissioning female Galactica uniforms, it makes sense to make Sheba then too so the tailor/seamstress can make the female uniform sets at once (and therefore cheaper for us).

But I can't make anything unless there is interest enough to warrant it, even if I want it. Are enough people interested in Sheba to make her in the next wave?

Wow EvilFace, nice bashes! Love the Mad Max costume!!!

Ironman1188- I feel your pain! I literally want the Galactica heads NOW, too.

I also officially want to give you the "big balls" award for constantly mentioning how you want "Battle Beyond the Stars" customs, which is as good as admitting you want a John-Boy head from the WALTONS to make that happen (laugh). It's been a few decades since I've seen that movie. Who was Peppard, the space cowboy?

I love sci-fi. Even Roger Corman style. Yes it starred Richard Thomas and Darlene Fleugel [later the partner of TV's Hunter] but it also had Peppard [the space cowboy], John Saxon, Earl Boen from Terminator fame. A lot of cool aliens.
Oh yeah and Sybil Danning
048_danning.jpg

I wanted to bring up Galactica costumes again. I know most people are going to be getting the Galactica heads as replacement heads so won't necessarily care, but I am definitely going to be looking to get all new uniforms made for my Starbuck and Apollo regardless of if anyone else wants to join in and make it a group commission. I will post deets once I find someone to do it and info.

Carrying on from that thought, I know this may be too early to bring up, but if we assume Athena will make up part of the second set of heads we make for very early next year, just on the basis that we would have to make new female sized boots and I would then be commissioning female Galactica uniforms, it makes sense to make Sheba then too so the tailor/seamstress can make the female uniform sets at once (and therefore cheaper for us).

But I can't make anything unless there is interest enough to warrant it, even if I want it. Are enough people interested in Sheba to make her in the next wave?
Athena, Sheba, Boomer, Bojay, Greenbean, Jolly, Tigh, Omega, Rigel, Serina, Dr. Salik, Dr. Wilker, Giles. all three Borellian nomen, Zac, Cmdr. Leiter, Reese, and, while we're at it - the Imperious Leader!!
That enough interest my friend?
And when done with these frackin' heads we can move on to Buck Rogers in the 25th Century!!

Athena, Sheba, Boomer, Bojay, Greenbean, Jolly, Tigh, Omega, Rigel, Serina, Dr. Salik, Dr. Wilker, Giles. all three Borellian nomen, Zac, Cmdr. Leiter, Reese, and, while we're at it - the Imperious Leader!!
That enough interest my friend?
And when done with these frackin' heads we can move on to Buck Rogers in the 25th Century!!

No mention of Iblis, Baltar, Lucifer, Specter, Cassiopeia, Chameleon, Kain, Hector, or Vector? And I thought you were a fan... :wink1:

(You know I was joking and would throw myself under a bus before we made Hector and Vector, right?) :rotfl

Last edited:

No mention of Iblis, Baltar, Lucifer, Specter, Cassiopeia, Chameleon, Kain, Hector, or Vector? And I thought you were a fan... :wink1:

(You know I was joking and would throw myself under a bus before me made Hector and Vector, right?) :rotfl

I mentioned Baltar earlier, have Iblis in the works and would not rule out Hector or Vector. I do have the Randolph Mantooth head already!!
:wink1:

Great work EVILFACE! I love your custom Mad Max and Punisher too! Hey, what body did you use for Max? I have everything for a Road Warrior Mad Max right now except the body. Please let me know. Thanks!

Oh yeah...your figure stands are great too! Did you make the titles on them? Or did someone else on the board do the titles or names on the stands? Please let me know. Thanks again.

Thanks. Max in on a stardard Dragon body.

Yup, made the stand decals myself. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50534

Okay, cool. Thanks for the information on the body you used for Max, and for your great figure stand decals. I will try to order some stand decals from you sometime soon. :wave

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd pop on and update to say we'll have the Benedict and Hatch heads done by the end of the year --- which is really saying within the next three months.

Just checking iin on this. Only 3 weeks left. Are these still on schedule? :pray:

Please count me in for Dirk. Thanks.

Just checking iin on this. Only 3 weeks left. Are these still on schedule? :pray:

Good news and bad news with these. This thread definitely needs an update!

The good news is that these are definitely happening. I LOOOVE Classic Galactica and can't wait to start seeing these and having them on my shelf. Also, progress is being made on getting some nice Colonial Warrior uniforms made. Tailors have been contacted. Work is being done.

The bad news is that the Galactica schedule got knocked a bit because our Burton Batman stuff has really taken off and that is another line we have been really passionate about doing and are running with the momentum. So Galactica won't be done by the end of this year, but on the revised schedule I'd really like to see Starbuck and Apollo done by the end of March, if not sooner, and by doing this maybe their better uniforms will be done at the same time, where-as right now they wouldn't be.

-Rick

ps- Leo- gotcha added. Thanks!

Terribly sad news.
Its like Christmas won't be coming afterall.
Does that mean maybe we'll get Baltar by the sme time so the Colonials will have an enemy to battle?

Back