WGP PHANTASM commission thread 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Phantasm commission thread

Thanks Tay, that's good info! I may end up just using a regular Sideshow body if I can't locate a spare Kanamit. These seem to be getting harder to find on eBay, but I'll keep looking.

(Got your PM, you are more than welcome!!) :clap:wave

Any update on this sculpt? I'm ready to see some 'in progress' pics!! :monkey1

What's it been, three weeks now (for all three heads I've commissioned so far--- the Supernatural brothers and the Tall Man)? No. Nothing yet. I'm dying too here. I also re-watched all 4 movies. Arrrrgh!
She said she'd start right away, and in the meantime has been debuting lots of new heads, so hopefully soon. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Any update on this sculpt? I'm ready to see some 'in progress' pics!! :monkey1

Wow, ask and ye shall recieve!!!!!! I found a few pics in my E-mail today when I got home from work... of all three heads I commissioned, as a matter of fact, ready for review for either approval or to make some changes!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is wow!

AngusScrimm1.jpg

AngusScrimm4.jpg

AngusScrimm5.jpg

AngusScrimm5-1.jpg

AngusScrimm3.jpg

The front and three quarters view looks phenominal! I screamed. :)
The side seems a bit odd though. I need your feedback gang!

Anyone who hasn't ordered yet who wants to please PM me. We are getting down to the wire here! :chew:chew:chew

Holy mother of God, I am so glad I go in on this! That portrait has "BOOOOOOOOY!!!!" written all over it! :rock

What's with the sculpted iris though, I've never seen that before... :confused:

Holy mother of God, I am so glad I go in on this! That portrait has "BOOOOOOOOY!!!!" written all over it! :rock

What's with the sculpted iris though, I've never seen that before... :confused:

That's just the way she does them. This is our approval stage where we get to make changes (or at least ask). I can ask her to lose the iris if enough of you feel that way.

she always sculpts the iris it makes painting the eyes a whole lot easier i can tell you! :D i bought a mad hatter from batmanm head sculpt from her last month and that had the sculpted iris and it makes it a whole lot easier to paint. shes done a cracking job there i must admit but to me the face looks a bit young maybe? doesnt angus scrimm look abit older?

Very nice! I would say he needs to look older. And I think he needs to have more of a frown/snarl with his mouth. Looking good!!!

Looks great , not much to improve on from what I can see , shes done an excellent job , the paint work will make it look a lot better. :rock

I pulled up all of my reference last night in side by side comparison with her head, because I can't recommend changes if I don't have the images to back them up. He really is dead on to the cover pic from P1 I asked her to model it after age wise, with nothing to add like left out like wrinkle lines or anything that would age him more.

TM.gif

Tall-Mans-nose.gif

I asked for the nose to be given a bend in it like the pic shows, and about the iris' since most people seem to want that eliminated from the sculpt on the various boards.

Well, those side-by-side pics say it all! I think with the nose changed, this is indeed a most excellent sculpt! :banana

Any final payments need to be in by Thurs/Fri if anyone still needs to. Just PM me for details.
Thanks!
-Rick

Ada's quick. Here's the Tall Man with the iris removed and the nose fixed:

AngusScrimmCM-0201A.jpg

AngusScrimmCM-0201ER.jpg

AngusScrimmCM-0201.jpg

AngusScrimmCM-0201E.jpg

If it meets with approval she'll begin casting right away.

wow. i've been lax on this. Ada did a great job but u did a spot on job of catching the nose. it really does need the hawk bump type nose. (kinda like an Am Indian nose). even w/ the fix it seems to need more "hump" starting about mid eye. the iris gone is fine.

I like the fixed iris, the nose is much better, but if she could add a bit more 'bump' near the top of the nose, this sculpt would be perfect! If it's not possible, I'll still be happy with the final results. Now, any paint artists out there that have capacity for painting these pieces? :D

thats awesome , I'm happy , if theres anything you guys think needs changing do what you wish , no problem I'm happy with that definitely .

Back