WGP PHANTASM commission thread 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Phantasm commission thread

Sent out PMs to everyone about the cost for the group commission of the Tall Man and am going to start collecting for him so we can pay the sculptor. Let me know if I forgot anyone who was interested!

We'll do the Michael commission in a few weeks to space it out for anyone who was interested.

Thanks!:)

Last edited:

Just send you a pm William Shatners Toupee.
I will be paying in a few hours.
Thanks m8 , Tay. :D

So , I'm still wondering about this body. I don't think it will look right if hes just the same size as our other figures , after all he is " The Tall Man ". :lol
Anyone got any ideas on what one would be best to go with ?.

So , I'm still wondering about this body. I don't think it will look right if hes just the same size as our other figures , after all he is " The Tall Man ". :lol
Anyone got any ideas on what one would be best to go with ?.

Mookeylama and I were discussing this on Page 1. The only real choices we came up with was the Sideshow 14" Twilight Zone Kanamit figure. It has molded Frankenstien boots on which is perfect for the Tall Man, and a right hand molded in a pose which will hold a sphere. They run for about $35 bucks on Evil-Bay.

Mookeylama had suggested a Dragon USC football figure which is supposed to be taller, but ended up being only 1/2" taller and we thought it wasn't tall enough.

We are pondering seamstresses for his suit. I used one before for a few years named Laura Field at Divina Dawn sewing. She was good, but you really had to send her your own material because if left to her she'd make some stinky choices of cloth sometimes.

I had only quit using her because I met a friend who sewed (who doesn't now). If we mutually decide on a body, and Mookeys seamstress he's talking too doesn't work out, I could contact her and see if we could get a group rate for his suit. :)

Last edited:

sorry i'm late! that seamstress said she really didn't want to take on a large commission right now (i told her maybe around 10-12 suits). didn't have time to rework a pattern for taller suit. she said if it was only 2-3 suits... and kinda left it open like that. she said she has more fun doing girly clothes lol. so i don't think she's interested.

oh and i'm sending payment now.:monkey5

Thanks to everyone who's paid already! You're awesome! I recieved an E-mail from Ada saying she is raising her sculpting rates an additional $30 on April 2nd, so we want to make sure we beat that deadline!

I am VERY VERY psyched! :) :chew:chew

I sent the Tall Man commission off to beat the price hike deadline, and Ada said she was starting IMMEDIATELY! I really thought she'd be backlogged with other peoples orders. Cool! :chew:chew:chew.

Fantastic! Glad I got in on this one before the deadline! Hopefully we'll see some 'work in progress' pics, but regardless I am excited this is being done! I'll rely on the expertise of everyone else in this thread about which body to use, the best suit, shoes, etc. :D

Mookeylama and I were discussing this on Page 1. The only real choices we came up with was the Sideshow 14" Twilight Zone Kanamit figure. It has molded Frankenstien boots on which is perfect for the Tall Man, and a right hand molded in a pose which will hold a sphere. They run for about $35 bucks on Evil-Bay.

Mookeylama had suggested a Dragon USC football figure which is supposed to be taller, but ended up being only 1/2" taller and we thought it wasn't tall enough.

We are pondering seamstresses for his suit. I used one before for a few years named Laura Field at Divina Dawn sewing. She was good, but you really had to send her your own material because if left to her she'd make some stinky choices of cloth sometimes.

I had only quit using her because I met a friend who sewed (who doesn't now). If we mutually decide on a body, and Mookeys seamstress he's talking too doesn't work out, I could contact her and see if we could get a group rate for his suit. :)

so is the kanamit figure the one you guys are going for or are you still on th fence ?. I will buy this when I get some cash as I can always use the spare parts anyhow .

I know it's what I'm using. (I've had one sitting around to use for the Tall Man for a a few years now!)

Anymore info on these? head sculpt and suit?
Sent you a PM.

As far as the suits go, I'm waiting to hear back from a friend, but there is also always that seamstress mentioned a few posts above Laura Field at Divina Dawn you can try if you know what body you want to use already.

Keep us posted about potential suits in this thread. I'm kind of anxious to get this guy complete.

I'm such a dork, I've been watching the DVDs and yelling "BOY!" in anticipation of getting the head. :lol

I'm not kidding... :monkey4

Here's what I need to know in order to put this figure together: What kind of neck joint will there be? Several people have been talking about using the Kanamit body, does this mean that the neck will be cast to work on this body's neck? Or will we as recipients be responsible for figuring out how to attach the head to whatever body we end up using? For those of us who don't have access to a Kanamit body, is there something available that's similar in height, and who sells it?

Any pointers on the work I'll be doing myself are appreciated as I am just now entering the world of custom sculpts/kitbashing. :eek: :D

ada sculpts usually come with this small thing that fits inside the neck joint enabling it to fit to either a sideshow of hot toys body so I'm presuming this will be no different. Should easily attach to either a hot toys or sideshow with a simply push or click.
The only tall body I know of is the kanamit so I still have to find one , I'm not sure of any others but there probably is some.
Hpe I have helped a little. By the way , pm sent.

Back