Weta Workshops The Hobbit Motherload Of Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open or limited editions are all relative to your own collecting habits. If you want it, you will pay for it, end of. Anything else is just collecting snobbery and is comparable with the collecting worthyness of Toybiz vs Sideshow for example.
If you are looking at 'investment pieces'' then it is still a lottery and it's all speculation. The new Daniel Reeves line is very cool, but I'm sure he can rattle a fair few more off during his lifetime but it will always be a quality piece to someone and that's all that matters. Just keep the variety coming and I'm happy to expand my collection for my own satisfaction :peace

I don't think this is correct. Off the top of my head the original SSW Gandalf, Arwen and Legolas were open editions and available for at least a couple of years. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I believe you're correct. All or most of the early pieces were open an left so for a bit. Some are believed to be limited a they didn't sell we'll and production stopped early on those items.

I ordered for now the GTG statue, Bilbo Statue, and the Special Edition Art Book. There are several other things I really want to order though.

Yes, it is. I want the $200 one but have to hold off for now. I may get the $30 one in its place for a bit.

Noble Collection is selling their version of Bilbo's Contract for a bargain 39 bucks...looks good and sales start on 10/15 I believe...I will get this version

Noble Collection is selling their version of Bilbo's Contract for a bargain 39 bucks...looks good and sales start on 10/15 I believe...I will get this version

I saw that, and for that price, surely it doesn't open up? And if it does, and has the same print inside, well it's a no brainer really as to which to get, unless you want something actually made by the guy who did it for the film, but then what price do you put on that?

It looks really nice and $39 is a steal. This will be the version I get as I can't afford the other.

I saw that, and for that price, surely it doesn't open up? And if it does, and has the same print inside, well it's a no brainer really as to which to get, unless you want something actually made by the guy who did it for the film, but then what price do you put on that?

It does open up but at $495 I'm choosing to get this and be able to get other stuff. I want it because its made by Weta but you can't get it all. :(

Yeah, I'll definately be getting this version too. Just happy there is a cheaper alternative as I really wanted to add this to my hobbit display.

Would love to save up and get the Daniel Reeve Thror's map though.

I got the parchment map not only for price but also it has the moon letters...For 200 it should be framed...grats to those who do get the contract or map prop

Yeah, I'm as well. It allows me to get this and other great hobbit items from Weta, Noble, etc

I was interested in the two prop replica maps... until I saw the price! Then I read the description and decided to decide later... may just end up with the parchment copies.

I was interested in the two prop replica maps... until I saw the price! Then I read the description and decided to decide later... may just end up with the parchment copies.

Nothing wrong with Parchment copies...

So do we all think the PR of Thorin's map is THAT much nicer than the parchment one? Its odd because 30 bucks (or whatever) for a poster like this is highway robbery. But then it seems like a bargain compared to the prop replicas, but then I can't seem to see the extra value in the prop replica either. Both are OE right? Won't Spencers be selling maps like this alongside their Justin Beiber posters??

Back