Prop WETA: The One Ring - Gold Plated Tungsten Carbide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My answer to that is no if the plating was done correctly, I bought similar ring 4 yrs ago for display and it's still the same as when I bought it. If one should wear it/play with it all the time then all bets are off

:exactly: I wouldnt worry about discolouuration or even scratching for that matter.

Folks should be more worried about dropping it as carbide rings are very hard and can crack if you drop it on a hard surface from a height.

It's very nice but I like the plain rings without the script better for some reason. I wonder if they would ever do a plain one? I don't know if the demand would be there, it seems more people like the script around the sides. I know about the JH plain ones but they are a fortune, being real gold. lol

You can get a plain ring when you get married. You might look into that...:monkey1

Hi does anyone have an update on this ring, did it rust/discolor etc...?

i was redoing my lotr collection (yes for the nth time), and to my disappoint my noble collection sterling one ring was completely rusted/discolored...even though it said it's gold plated. The ring was never touched but put in a box on display in my cabinet.

So i need another one... it's either this or the 10k solid gold version, but i rather not pay over $500 if i dont have to.

okie thanks, i am going to try the $99 weta version but will put it in the noble collection box, coz i really like that display. If that still gets discolored/rust, then will go for the 10k solid gold version.

I was going to take the plunge on this one but it says it's on pre-order. I don't see any sort of date about when they might be in stock again. But as soon as it pops up I'll have a go. I do like the look of it a lot.

okie thanks, i am going to try the $99 weta version but will put it in the noble collection box, coz i really like that display. If that still gets discolored/rust, then will go for the 10k solid gold version.

Tungsten carbide does not rust.

Thinking about getting one...

If you don't wear it, will it ever lose its luster? Does the gold plating scratch easily?

Thinking about getting one...

If you don't wear it, will it ever lose its luster? Does the gold plating scratch easily?

I have had the ring since it was released and have dropped it a few times, dinged it, bashed it into my door (through my chest pocket) and it has the same shiny gleam and not one visible scratch or dent. It's perfectly the same as it was when I got it!

Hope that helps!:)

I was never fan of LOTR jewelry but I enjoy very much weaponry and helmets from United Cutlery...so no thanks saving money for other stuff :)

Back