Prop WETA: The One Ring - Gold Plated Tungsten Carbide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willocrew

Super Freak
Reaction score
Up for order now.

https://www.wetanz.com/the-one-ring-gold-plated-tungsten-carbide/

lotrtheoneringtungstenblrg4.jpg

lotrtheoneringtungstenelrg2.jpg

lotrtheoneringtungstenclrg6.jpg

Last edited:
I like it too! I already have the Noble Collection One Ring, but this one I think, will be heavier; it looks better, and I like the display wooden gift box. Plus, it's created by Jens Hansen, the craftspeople from the movies. :clap I was hoping they included the chain though, and is not sold separately.

I hope Weta will put up for pre-order soon The Hobbit statues. I've been saving my money for those. But each time they release other nice items (such as this), I easily get sidetracked :slap.

They showed us this at comic-con and I was hoping if it was within a certain range I'd get it. At $99 it's within that range and I'll have to try and get it after I get my first check from my new teaching job.

After waiting all these years for Weta to come out with a reasonably affordabe Ring, I gave up and hit the Badali booth at SDCC for one. Wouldn't you know it - that very afternoon, Tim at Weta announced THIS ring. :mad: Seems my timing sucks.

It's very nice but I like the plain rings without the script better for some reason. I wonder if they would ever do a plain one? I don't know if the demand would be there, it seems more people like the script around the sides. I know about the JH plain ones but they are a fortune, being real gold. lol

Maybe i am biased because I have it already, but to me the noble collection one ring is still the best in term of price+value. It is very well made & comes with silver chain & a nice display box with the inscriptions on it, to be displayed as 1 package next to the statues.

NN9269.jpg

LOL.
I've got one pretty similar non licensed ring from carbide with deep laser engraving on it. Carbide is some kind of ceramics, very heavy, scratch safe, but can be crashed into pieces if falls on a hard surface. I'm wearing it in about one year and still there is not a single scratch on it. O_O But I'm not sure if the same would true with this ring, coz if it's plated with real gold - it's vulnerable to the outward influences. Mine painted with chemical colorant, very gold-like, but fake. Saying honestly I'm afraid to buy real gold One Ring, coz gold is very soft metal and the engraving erases pretty damn fast.
Not sure if it was useful, but maybe it was.

Here is few shots of mine fake non Weta carbide ring:

Last edited:
I know about the JH plain ones but they are a fortune, being real gold. lol

JH do a gold plated one as well, not as cheap as the new Weta one, but still a pretty good price.

Here's mine:

The One Ring-1 by theguru1, on Flickr

Add to that, I also have the noble collection one, with the writing around it, so when it comes to the One Ring, I'm all sorted.

I love staring at all your rings, but the ones made by Jens Hansen look more like the movie ring in shape etc. Probably because they're the guys who done them for the film!

JH do a gold plated one as well, not as cheap as the new Weta one, but still a pretty good price.
It looks really nice. I couldn't find any plated ones on their website so I didn't think they made them. Or was it specially made for you? I've e-mailed them anyway for a price.

Edit: Just got a response about the ring..,

"Thank you for your email. Due to the relative impermanence of standard gold-plate on silver have just decided to offer the Jens Hansen Movie Ring in gold-plated Tungsten Carbide at NZ$150-

We hope to have the ring on our new website www.theringmaker.co.nz by tomorrow at the latest, so please check in shortly for all the details.

Regards

Halfdan Hansen"

Last edited:
"Thank you for your email. Due to the relative impermanence of standard gold-plate on silver have just decided to offer the Jens Hansen Movie Ring in gold-plated Tungsten Carbide at NZ$150-

ahh, yeah, mine was the stirling silver one gold plated, so I guess they are changing that a little. Still, the final result should look basically the same.

Sounds like mine isn't maybe as long lasting as one would hope. Mind you, it's purely for display only, so I doubt I'll have a problem.

Just wanted to share to you photos of my One Ring by Jens Hansen from Weta. It really looks nice. It's heavy too, and feels authentic. The wooden box has all the inscription carved round the side, as seen in the photos. I think the photos don't do it justice. You have to have it in person so you can fully appreciate it. I can't be parted with it now. I always have it in my pocket. It's mine, my own, my Preciousssss!:rotfl

7856076206_a085e72e32_b.jpg

The top:
7856074994_ec9896e698_b.jpg

The side:
7856073430_55b120c2c7_b.jpg

I should've turned invisible here but the flash from the camera travelled faster and caught my hand before I disappeared. :lol
7856057638_6298140ed1_b.jpg

Comparison with The Noble Collection One Ring. Noble (left), Jens Hansen (right). In photos, the incription on the NB is more visible bec. it's white in colour, whereas the JH used somewhat silver-greyish colour. Which one is better? You decide. :lecture

7856145556_7c4bbb63d1_b.jpg

7856152776_55f12f894a_b.jpg

Nice ring. Thanks for the pictures. What size did you choose?

I think Jen Hansen produced the one ring without the inscription and gold plated. I heard it's a little more expensive than this one. Someone knows where I can this one?

Nice ring. Thanks for the pictures. What size did you choose?

I think Jen Hansen produced the one ring without the inscription and gold plated. I heard it's a little more expensive than this one. Someone knows where I can this one?

No worries joblain. I chose size 11 (US) or W (UK). Yeah, I think JH did produce the gold plated, no inscription ring at one stage. They don't offer it anymore I think. The ones available now are real gold rings and the price is hefty. I'd like to own that one too, to match with this one. So anyone out there knows where to obtain it?

That does look good. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to it showing up. I've never owned a real nice copy of what was in the movie and when Tim showed us this at comic-con I had to get it. I do want the silver chain to finish the look but that will have to wait.

Thanks for sharing my friend :duff

No worries joblain. I chose size 11 (US) or W (UK). Yeah, I think JH did produce the gold plated, no inscription ring at one stage. They don't offer it anymore I think. The ones available now are real gold rings and the price is hefty. I'd like to own that one too, to match with this one. So anyone out there knows where to obtain it?
JH e-mailed me last week saying they will sell a gold plated tungsten carbide ring (same as Weta but no inscription) but it hasn't been updated on their website yet.

The cost is $150NZ (approx $122US / £77GBP).

Back