Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Balin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weta and Sideshow are at basically the same level of sculpting. Each has a per piece strength and weakness, sure, but overall you get about the same level of product. SS's advantage is similar prices but with a much more impressive presence, such as the Gimli ex. with the large Moria base and the dead orc, for the same price as Thorin on a black stand. I would chalk that up to Weta being based in NZ though.

Waiting for Dwalin to help out
IMG_3374.jpg

Both companies are fantastic and turning out great products based on Middle-earth. Liking one company over the other isn't trolling but how you express that opinion can be. :peace

Weta all the way..RA! RA!...I just love the older classic look of what we got over a decade ago with LOTR...plus the base is just regal looking...10 more Dwarves to go!....No real complaints against Sideshow...only real complaint is that I wish I had more money...LOL

I've personally always preferred Sideshow to Weta. I'll still be buying collectibles from both.

Finally...Dwalin helping out his bro, kin and friends
IMG_3389.jpg

Can someone post a pic comparing size to the SS maquette line, please?

I just dont feel like moving my statues around at the moment but the new Weta Hobbit pieces are exactly the same scale as the SS LOTR maquettes

The weta pieces are 1/5 scale?

Sideshow pieces are true 1/6(12 inches = 6ft tall character)..if they were 1/5 the Aragorn statue including base would be at least 15 to 16 inches tall

Last edited:
6ft character 1/8=9 inches, 1/7=10.3 inches, 1/6=12 inches, 1/5=14.4 inches, 1/4=18 inches, 1/3=24 inches tall

Finally...Dwalin helping out his bro, kin and friends
IMG_3389.jpg

Man these are sweet. I really would love to get the dwarves, but there's no chance I can fork out for 13 statues at $250 each. I will nap a Gandalf at some point & hopefully weta will make Radagasts. Then I'll just build a small wizard collection

Back