Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Balin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Theonring.nets Flickrpage;

7553512512_7bd8834577_b.jpg

Last edited:
These look incredible, but since they're prototypes I have to ask if production paint will look good. I haven't bought a Weta product in years.

This will probably be my first Hobbit statue from Weta (once I have some spare cash). Balin's design is just so good; Classic dwarf look, yet very unique. Hopefully the next wave of statues include Bofur (and Bombur, I suppose, since he's been shown)

Yes they are.

I wish i could 'like' that too - no rush to buy them, i can wait until i get enough cash together, especially at this time of year!

Although i reckon after Barad-Dur, GTG, Bilbo and Hobbit chronicles i might get enough Weta dollars to get a statue for free!

I wish i could 'like' that too - no rush to buy them, i can wait until i get enough cash together, especially at this time of year!

Although i reckon after Barad-Dur, GTG, Bilbo and Hobbit chronicles i might get enough Weta dollars to get a statue for free!

Yeah, I understand that. I went ahead and grabbed them though. I had $209 in Weta Dollars that I used to get both of them for $281. So not a bad deal plus I got another $40 in Weta dollars coming my way.

Yeah, I think you just might. :lol

We already knew the sculpt was amazing and in person, it's even more so. I love all the details, he looks very Dwarven. For a $230 statue, the paint application is very good and I can't find a single fault. I love the red wash that has been used over his clothing. There's slightly less red shading in the face when compared to Weta's pictures but it's my understanding they're both factory painted pieces so as was evident with the recent Gandalf the Grey, there will be slight variations in face shading.

I had a little difficulty sliding in the square peg (situated under his right boot) into the hole in the base. It fit one way but not the way I needed. After a few attempts, it eventually slipped in :eheh

*There are no wide-angle shots because they all came out terrible (my camera has no manual setting).

frontportrait_zpsc0ee3a20.jpg
leftportrait_zps542d5f92.jpg
righthand_zpsa7031bfc.jpg
belt_zps7c2fe3d8.jpg
lefthand_zpsc45e541d.jpg
rightboot_zps419b51ef.jpg
leftboot_zps2eb68c03.jpg
Here's what I posted on S&F. If people are unable to see the photos, sorry in advance.

Last edited:
Back