Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Balin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sun sometimes make things look better and other times(mostly) not!

Last edited:
Just ordered this bad boy. Should have him and Thorin in a week or so. I'll probably grab Dwalin in a fortnight.

r70v86.jpg

1id5k9.jpg

2evqio5.jpg

dzjmlk.jpg

fac0lx.jpg

m79vo6.jpg

1zzmizc.jpg

2dt9ijr.jpg

The detail in these helps you appreciate what we take for granted on the big screen. Can't wait to get the DVD's with all the little appendices going into details about costumes, weaponry etc
:hi5:

I really liked Balin, and this statue looks great. But I feel like if I got one I'd want them all, and I just can't go there. :)

I find it interesting that they are calling his weapon a mace, but in the official guide they kept calling it a sword. It does seem a bit more sword-like in some ways.

Yeah, it seems more sword like to me. This character is such an awesome character after having seen the movie and adds really to the death we see in FOTR.

quality & paint looks good, but there is no way i am going to get sucked into collecting another lotr series hoping to complete it this time. :nono

I suspect weta will do them all. I am contemplating it for this reason. I am more into PFs but I certainly would not want all 13 dwarves in PF form. Nor do I require Merry, Pippin and Sam in that format. Saruman, Boromir, and Gimli are long overdue though.

I suspect weta will do them all. I am contemplating it for this reason. I am more into PFs but I certainly would not want all 13 dwarves in PF form. Nor do I require Merry, Pippin and Sam in that format. Saruman, Boromir, and Gimli are long overdue though.
I'm going full in for Weta. I believe SS will focus on PF's for the Hobbit, and likely we will not get any of the dwarves past Thorin.

I'm going full in for Weta. I believe SS will focus on PF's for the Hobbit, and likely we will not get any of the dwarves past Thorin.

Well I really wouldn't want 13 quarter scale statues. The immense space requirement would be killer. That is where I can benefit from both. Weta for the entire unexpected company and PFs for the more interesting characters.

Wow.... the likeness and the details are amazing.

Weta should revisit LOTR line as well. It will throttle Sideshow's work.

When do not I say good job, but it is also fair to say when you make a work of art, so Weta great job.

This Balin is practically perfect for me. One of the great statues of this year without a doubt.

Back