Weta Originals:The Rayguns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased my first mini raygun. Wish I could afford a full size.

drgminigol01clrg3.jpg

I just got the Bison and I'm very impressed with it. I think it's the best design of all the guns, but it doesn't hurt that it's about 1/8th the price of the others.

I've now ordered some of the miniatures, although I really wish they were 1/6th scale.

What I really think would sell the more expensive guns are lights and sounds. I might even consider the outrageously priced Un-Natural Selector if it had some special effects.

I just got the Bison and I'm very impressed with it. I think it's the best design of all the guns, but it doesn't hurt that it's about 1/8th the price of the others.

I've now ordered some of the miniatures, although I really wish they were 1/6th scale.

What I really think would sell the more expensive guns are lights and sounds. I might even consider the outrageously priced Un-Natural Selector if it had some special effects.

There aren't many of the Un-Natural Selector's left! :google They predict to sell out this year. I thought it was cool that you could have a name inscribed on it...though that may have only been for the first 10. :dunno

I've got 2 of the mini's and have been thinking of the getting the Bison, just because the price is so reasonable (compared to the others)....but then I may be tempted to get more. :lol I still hope one day to have a full size Goliathon.

Gotta agree...lights and sounds would be super cool. :)

I'm not so sure about sounds, could make it a bit too much like some cheap plastic toy. However, lights and dials, triggers, etc that all moved as if it was a fully 'real' gun I think would be super cool.

Just think of being able to slap in a 'power pack', and flick a switch to have to it slowly light up, almost come to life. I guess depending on the sounds, a low hum or something as it powered up could work....

If the glass tubes lit up a la a cathode tube or something, that would just be over the top awesome; no sounds though please. :peace

I make my own ... pew, pew, zzzzap, poooow. :gun

However, lights and dials, triggers, etc that all moved as if it was a fully 'real' gun I think would be super cool.

They have that, you know
They don't have light-up, which I'm glad for, it would be too childish.
But they have moving triggers, buttons, switches etc.
Just like the real thing would have ...

The Unnatural Selector does have working switches, buttons, etc.

But I'd really like sounds, if done right they wouldn't make it any more toy like than other sound and light props.

But they have moving triggers, buttons, switches etc.
Just like the real thing would have ...

ahh, ok, I've only ever seen the mini ones in real life, which of course don't move at all. Never seen anything but still photo's of the full size ones.

My latest Weta raygun, and I have another coming tomorrow.

2ypj8e8.jpg

6jk5qa.jpg

29nf2pd.jpg

2ziyder.jpg

o69ri0.jpg

k3hn8.jpg

6hp744.jpg

swqpzr.jpg

6jnebd.jpg

2qbylif.jpg

The case is pure class.

Very nice Matt! I love the Mongoose. :) What # did you get? I'm super tempted to get the Goliathon...probably get that before the FMOM.....but I need to sell some stuff first.

Very nice Matt! I love the Mongoose. :) What # did you get? I'm super tempted to get the Goliathon...probably get that before the FMOM.....but I need to sell some stuff first.

You may not want to wait on the FMOM, there are only a few (like 7 or so) left at Weta.

Mongoose #91 :yess:

Back