Weta Originals:The Rayguns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idioteque

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Attended the Armageddon Expo NZ over the weekend and spoke to Weta representatives with regards the upcoming Rayguns line.

Edition size to be set at 500, with a retail price between NZ$1000-NZ$1200 (US$680-US$800). Production details still being discussed, pre-orders should be early next year.

The prototypes are simply stunning, with the vintage display cases proving very impressive.

So, expensive sure, but low edition sizes and truly unique items, I'm sold.

Your thoughts?

Idioteque said:
Your thoughts?

:eek: i can't think right now after seeing how much they will be going for. I hope those that are interested will be pleased. :chew But I sure will be passing on these. They do look cool.

...idioteque...do you know how much the mini versions will be going for? Also, any more info regarding statues realted to the Raygun "saga"? Thanks.

Oh. Thats all. *weeps*
I wanted these so bad, but that is just too much for myself, really sad too, as I desperately want one. desperately.
*weeps intently*
:monkey2

YIKES. I concur with the others... That price range puts them way out of my ballpark. I love the concept to death, what a bummer. :eek:

Andy Bergholtz said:
YIKES. I concur with the others... That price range puts them way out of my ballpark. I love the concept to death, what a bummer. :eek:

After the announcement of the MR helmets I have to agree. I may get get one...we'll see.

Yeah, that hurts. I knew it, though. The things were just too beautiful to be any less.

All I can say is, "Godfather, may your next child be a masculine child!"

Wow! I wasn't expecting them to be cheap, but I didn't think they'd be that much!

Andy - I like your new avatar, but maybe you could make it a hint about what your next PF will be. :monkey3 :lol

Lembas Eater said:
Yeah, that hurts. I knew it, though. The things were just too beautiful to be any less.

All I can say is, "Godfather, may your next child be a masculine child!"

Oh crap! :horror What are we going to do!?! Does this conclude our chances of getting those sweet weta rayguns?

HELP SOMEONE SAVE US!

Hey....whats that.....in the sky?

look_in_the_sky.sized.jpg

I might have bit in the $300 range - but unless that's a price for the set - I'm a gonna have to pass.

Hey my vision from SDCC was pretty close:

galactiboy said:
I had a small part of a dream the other night that they were $895. Now I'm not sure how to guage the accuracy of my "vision", but that's my guess for now :gandalf_w

Needless to say, I am less than pleased with the high price tag of my vision.

I should start up some kind of psychic hotline :lol

galactiboy said:
Hey my vision from SDCC was pretty close:

I should start up some kind of psychic hotline :lol

I think Weta saw your post and said "WHY NOT?"

I don't know, I was expecting $500 each, so $680 is not too far from that. I wanted to get all of them, but if they are $800 a peice, I'll have to settle for just one. Maybe the set will be discounted? :rotfl

I just must never tell my wife how much they really cost. :monkey3

Damn!!! I was so wanting one of these and even talked myself into possibly dishing out 400.00 or MAYBE 500.00 on one but at 7-8 hundred I too will definitely pass on it. I love these things!!!

Back