Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She might but she does have the tree for a solid base. She was a stunning looking piece. Her character may get some heat from purists but I think she's going to be a great addition.

Josh, since you saw Tauriel at Comic Con, can you give me an idea of how tall the statue is? She's a definite on my buy list, but I'd like to have an idea of the size so I can plan where I put it. Lots of rearranging going on around here. I just got a significant increase in my display space. :yess: Thanks. :hi5:

Josh, since you saw Tauriel at Comic Con, can you give me an idea of how tall the statue is? She's a definite on my buy list, but I'd like to have an idea of the size so I can plan where I put it. Lots of rearranging going on around here. I just got a significant increase in my display space. :yess: Thanks. :hi5:

I'd say she's 15" tall or so. Yeah, she's a total buy for me. She made for a great looking statue. Nice! I'm enjoying having more space myself.

I have all the Weta dwarves statues so far except Bofur. I've been resisting the urge to order him as the current Australian dollar exchange rate against US dollar is low. I hope it gets better by the time Azog is ready to ship or else I'll end up paying more $$$. I'll get Bofur and Gloin (when he's released) depending on the exchange rate, or maybe when we get some discounts like $ off when the 3rd Chronicles book is released. Here's hoping...:pray:

But when you place a pre-order, aren't you committing to paying the listed price of the item? So no matter what the exchange rate is at time of shipping, you've already agreed to pay the sum that was quoted to you on pre-order?

I have all the Weta dwarves statues so far except Bofur. I've been resisting the urge to order him as the current Australian dollar exchange rate against US dollar is low. I hope it gets better by the time Azog is ready to ship or else I'll end up paying more $$$. I'll get Bofur and Gloin (when he's released) depending on the exchange rate, or maybe when we get some discounts like $ off when the 3rd Chronicles book is released. Here's hoping...:pray:

If I was you, I'd plan and expect the exchange rate to get worse, not better. Talk of another rate drop before end of the year and at some point the US will slow down it's stimulus package and when that happens, our dollar will drop more. So if you want the dwarf, I think get it now.

But when you place a pre-order, aren't you committing to paying the listed price of the item? So no matter what the exchange rate is at time of shipping, you've already agreed to pay the sum that was quoted to you on pre-order?

Yes, but that listed price is in USD/NZD, not AUD. So when it actually ships and we pay, while we are still paying the same listed price, if the exchange rate has dropped, then we end up paying more in actual AUD.

Yes, but that listed price is in USD/NZD, not AUD. So when it actually ships and we pay, while we are still paying the same listed price, if the exchange rate has dropped, then we end up paying more in actual AUD.

Yes, but even so, i would still expect to pay what i saw the item advertised for and what i placed the order for, regardless of what the exchange rate will be in the future. That commitment to that particular price should be honored in my opinion.

Excellent, that gives me a lot of choices on where to put her. Thanks, Josh. :wave

No problem. :duff I'm telling ya that the statues Weta had at comic-con this year is gonna make so many of us so happy over the next few months. So much greatness. :rock

SDCC_2013_Weta_Saturday-071.jpg

SDCC_2013_Weta_Saturday-072.jpg

SDCC_2013_Weta_Saturday-070.jpg

SDCC_2013_Weta_Saturday-065.jpg

Paint app looks fantastic, blue eyes really stand out.
This looks so good that if production pieces turn out like this I'll never complain about the price tag.

Yes, but even so, i would still expect to pay what i saw the item advertised for and what i placed the order for, regardless of what the exchange rate will be in the future. That commitment to that particular price should be honored in my opinion.

That would be nice, but it just doesn't work that way and never has.

While it would apply if I purchased from an Australian dealer, etc, since the price stated would be in AUD, from Weta or Sideshow or just about anyone overseas, the advertised price isn't in AUD, it is usually only in the main big world currencies, that being USD, UK or Euro.

So since I'm not paying in any of those, the AUD exchange rate applies at the time of paying, so if it's a 6 months pre-order, that can be a very different amount from my point of view, even tho the advertised USD/Euro/NZ price is still the same.

Question for you guys, I'm a gold collector with weta since I bought my barad-dur last year in December 2012. Now i pre-ordered azog first day of ordering. On weta 's site when I purchased azog, it said that I should collect 100$ in weta dollars. By the time azog will be released, I won't be a gold member anymore. Should I get my 100$ of weta dollars or I'll get only the 60$ even if I purchased the statue has a gold member?

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Azog the Defiler on Warg is now SOLD OUT

Thank you for your kind support

Cheers

Tim

Back