Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why people are passing up 10-15% in Weta dollars to save a dollar by ordering this from BBTS.

Because BBTS doesn't do the stupid hold that Weta does. And they are super lax about cancelling pre-orders.

Still surprised people are willing to leave 100 dollars on the table due to a credit card pre-authorization that falls off. Weta also is very lax on cancellations.

Still surprised people are willing to leave 100 dollars on the table due to a credit card pre-authorization that falls off. Weta also is very lax on cancellations.

I never order anything from WETA, so a $70 credit won't do me much good.

Well you could use the 70 dollars to buy something, anything, to just sell on eBay to cut your costs. Maybe that's too much work for the final value savings. Heck buy 3 of the Weta Collection books and sell them when they sell out.

Bit if you're ordering this, that's something.
And this is the first real big over the top piece from The Hobbit, with maybe more to come.

Get it anyway you can though. :lecture :lol

how long for the pre authorisation period to normally end :dunno
this is my first weta piece and i was wondering if they are good with there release dates unlike sideshow lots and lots of delays

That's better than nothing. :rock

You got that right. I'm just happy to finally have this on order.

I really did not want to miss this one. Not only because of his role in the movies but more because of his part in the History of Middle-Earth. The section of the appendicies dealing with the Dwarves and Durin's line is among my favorites, especially the story of Thror going to Moria and Azog beheading him and carving his name in his forehead.:horror That really sets up the significance of the Dwarves hatred of the Orcs and how brutal the war between them was.

I hear that. I wish the history in the movie hadn't been changed but I still like Azog and as you said he represents that character from Middle-earth. So its win/win. :rock

I hear that. I wish the history in the movie hadn't been changed but I still like Azog and as you said he represents that character from Middle-earth. So its win/win. :rock

Yeah, like I've said, I don't understand the drastic change to the story. If I had to guess, I'd say that Azog buys it in DOS and Bolg steps up for The Battle Of Five Armies.

Only thing I can figure is they liked him better as the bad guy of the story. Bolg would have been just as good IMO.

Sorry, I don't know the story well, but what's the big difference between the movies vs the appendice concerning Azog?

Wow major difference. Now i see why people may be upset.

But I understand then the decision of PJ. It would have been to much of father and son's revenge on both clans with the story. I just hope Azog last until the last movie and get kill near the end. Hope they won't make the same mistake than star wars with darth Maul.

This will be my first statue fro Weta. Looking forward to this more than anything else next year and I'm glad its Q1.
Its a good time to be collecting middle earth right now.

This will be my first statue fro Weta. Looking forward to this more than anything else next year and I'm glad its Q1.
Its a good time to be collecting middle earth right now.

Its at the top of my list for next year no doubt. Best new piece at comic-con this year.

Back