Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more info on the release of the last 250 pieces? I know they originally said August, but I haven't heard anything. Looking forward to grabbing this piece at cost!

I'd check frequently if your really interested as this may officially sellout pretty quick, lots of people been waiting for this to go back up for order. I'd be pretty frustrated if I missed that window.

The base of Minas Tirith is big but the city itself seems really small to me, judging by the dimensions on Weta's website. Too small for the price for me, as nice as it would be to have it.

Barad Dur arrived and after carefully unpacking and setting it up, it really is an amazingly impressive piece.

I carefully checked for any damages and fortunately have not found any, as of yet.

My only negative is with the two different types of materials used. Polystone for the bulk of the piece and some form of plastic for the top "eye" spire. Looking at the piece in my office's lighting, the "sheen" is different, with the polystone providing some sheen while the spire has a flat finish, providing no sheen. The difference is a bit distracting.

Aside from that, I am really impressed with Barad Dur.

BD 1.jpg

BD 2.jpg

BD 3.jpg

Nice setup. Because of all the intricate detail, I've always assumed Weta did the top part of the tower in a lighter material. Not sure they could have gotten the same detail otherwise. I've never noticed a sheen difference on mine but that could be lighting . . ?

Love all of the detailing on this monster, I don't see it's like being produced anytime soon (if ever) so great pickup.

Thanks!

It is really Weta's "pièce de résistance", in regards to their environment line. Unless they release an environment of Lothlorien (with light-up feature) at a similar size, I don't think this can ever be topped.

Tempted to buy this again. Sold my previous a while back and I have a nice chunk of weta dollars. I wonder how fast it will sell out this time?

Back