Well, this didn't take long. Sith Ani on Ebay.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
The ebay listings may have been removed, don't see them. Maybe Chicky got out the whupping stick!

Yeah, that particular auction was removed.

Now, I'm pretty new around here, so who exactly is Chicky? I gather that he or she works for Sideshow, but what position exactly? Also, am I correct in assuming that Sideshow can have eBay remove those auctions because they're more than 30 days away from release?

Policing eBay is really our responsibility. If the auction is really out there (somebody put a "sold out" Qui-Gon on eBay before he was even put up for preorder by Sideshow), then Chicky has sent an e-mail to the seller asking them to take it down or risk the wrath of Sideshow. We can always report the auctions ourselves here, but it takes a few days for eBay to catch up.

The main thing to remember is that Sideshow has absolutely no way of knowing who the order belongs to when it pops up on eBay. They can't cancel it because they don't know whose account it's coming from. Even if they could cancel it, they're breaking eBay's rules, not Sideshow's. It's mostly up to us to keep eBay informed and help them to hold their users accountable.

tomandshell said:
Policing eBay is really our responsibility. If the auction is really out there (somebody put a "sold out" Qui-Gon on eBay before he was even put up for preorder by Sideshow), then Chicky has sent an e-mail to the seller asking them to take it down or risk the wrath of Sideshow. We can always report the auctions ourselves here, but it takes a few days for eBay to catch up.

The main thing to remember is that Sideshow has absolutely no way of knowing who the order belongs to when it pops up on eBay. They can't cancel it because they don't know whose account it's coming from. Even if they could cancel it, they're breaking eBay's rules, not Sideshow's. It's mostly up to us to keep eBay informed and help them to hold their users accountable.

You have crystalized my thoughts exactly! I think both listings were removed. I believe a seller must have an item in hand or shipped the month it is listed to be within their rules. I may be wrong but that's my understanding.

pjam said:
You have crystalized my thoughts exactly! I think both listings were removed. I believe a seller must have an item in hand or shipped the month it is listed to be within their rules. I may be wrong but that's my understanding.

tonightshow_i.jpg

You are correct, sir!

Read all about it...

The item must ship within 30 days of the end of the auction. Sith Anakin can't appear on eBay until late June. (Good luck to you if you buy one off eBay from an attendee whose car breaks down...)

I know, I know...

We don't all agree about this issue around here. It comes up time and time again, and I always end up saying the same thing. I admit that it is one of my little irritations in life.

Some of us just can't ignore it, and some of those who don't agree just can't ignore us. It's just a vicious circle... :D

He's "Back to the Future" as these have already been released in July!

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Darth...54911759QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's right, this time it's being offered in Future Tense! So I guess if you purchase it you will lose two and a half months of your life!

From listing:

This is the 12 inch, "exclusive" figure that comes with the mouse droid and Lava Display Base.

These were released to a lucky few at Comic Con, and then fewer still were released to those of us lucky enough to get one over the phone.

Last edited:
pjam said:
He's "Back to the Future" as these have already been released in July!

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Darth...54911759QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's right, this time it's being offered in Future Tense! So I guess if you purchase it you will lose two and a half months of your life!

From listing:

This is the 12 inch, "exclusive" figure that comes with the mouse droid and Lava Display Base.

These were released to a lucky few at Comic Con, and then fewer still were released to those of us lucky enough to get one over the phone.

I'd like to know what the deal is with this mouse droid crap. That's from the Vader PF statue...not the 12" Anakin/Vader. What a moron...

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I'd like to know what the deal is with this mouse droid crap. That's from the Vader PF statue...not the 12" Anakin/Vader. What a moron...

I'd like to a photo of it with Sith Ani, it's probably up to his head!

Batty said:
Anakin could ride around on it. Yipeee!

Oh come on...we'd never see something as stupid as Anakin riding around on some...oh wait a min...ummm....

OK...well we'd never see it twice in one fil...oh...yeah...never mind.

:D

is a " mouse droid " really included in the exclusive? or this guy is crap?

Back