Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake: Show Us Some JASON!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the clothes stay very flexible and have no tackiness at all

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ok cool. That part definitely interests me. I use varnish but sparingly in spots due to that very same reason of it hardening the clothes and such. I didn't want to go super wet with my recent Jason 8 anyway, but for future reference I will keep this in mind. Any specific brand work best or any type of silicone does the trick?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I use this right here . Got mine from home depot
20140523_193415-1_resized.jpg

[QUOTE
20140523_092505-1_resized_zpsa250278d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

wow Fantastic Work philly- gotta be the best pt8 ive seen ;) i thought mine owned the top place, but this as got me beat :)

Okay so I got done modding/weathering my Jason Voorhees Part 7: New Blood figure on Saturday (started early, took a break to watch the Champions League Final and then I resumed and did the finishing touches on Sunday) and I'm really happy with the way he came out.

I dyed the clothes Oliver Green and did the necessary rips and tears to the clothes, I then added different shades of green to break up the colour and I then weathered them with gloss (wet look)and a black wash (dirty look). I also dirtied up the boots to give him that mucky look.

I repainted all the bones on him, face, body, arms and legs with a white/yellow mix and then a black wash to make them look dirty. I also made some 'dead blood' and applied that to some of the flesh around the ribs and spine as well as the knees/legs and around the open wounds on his face. I also dirtied up his teeth.

I made a new strap for his mask as the one I got was snapped and I gave the mask the weathered look with some black and yellow and I painted the red triangle on the mask more dark and I then hacked away at the cracked side of his mask with a blade to give it that stressed look.

Finally I used some gloss to paint the mask, head. And I also added more blood to the three weapons that came with the figure.

Anyways here are some pics -

fX7jdoKl.jpg

eUOfEtzl.jpg

cnyyeAMl.jpg

23HXcmKl.jpg

cKvGPz2l.jpg

DrGg3Fdl.jpg

ix0e8nPl.jpg

UuNsjV7l.jpg

fuFCOfXl.jpg

vlQceDUl.jpg

Excellent job Sid! Massive improvement from the stock! Sick paint work, looks nasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's an awesome figure Sid! Great Job on modifying him into being better! I liked your weathering effects on him! :)

Excellent job Sid! Massive improvement from the stock! Sick paint work, looks nasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's an awesome figure Sid! Great Job on modifying him into being better! I liked your weathering effects on him! :)

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your kind words. :duff

Good job Sidious it just goes to show these Figures have some great potential.

So my Jason movie marathon is nearing an end (just got the remake to watch now,:thud:) and last night it was FvJ time and man that film is just as enjoyable as ever.

Sure some of the plot stinks and the acting is pretty lame from most of the 'teens' but when Freddy and Jason come to blows that is all she wrote. And I just love that ending (Jason with Freddy's decapitated head). :rock

I just can't believe that it is now almost an eleven year old film. I remember seeing it at the cinema as if it were only yesterday. :horror

So my Jason movie marathon is nearing an end (just got the remake to watch now,:thud:) and last night it was FvJ time and man that film is just as enjoyable as ever.

Sure some of the plot stinks and the acting is pretty lame from most of the 'teens' but when Freddy and Jason come to blows that is all she wrote. And I just love that ending (Jason with Freddy's decapitated head). :rock

I just can't believe that it is now almost an eleven year old film. I remember seeing it at the cinema as if it were only yesterday. :horror

I hear that!! I remember seeing it in the theaters and I always have enjoyed that film. I know some didn't like it but I am not one of them. I think for what it is and what story they wanted to tell, they did a good job with it. I just wish they did the sequel with Ash included like they originally were planning.

I remember seeing that in theaters with my dad. And my dad is a reserved guy, so it was awkward when the girl takes off her top in the beginning. :lol

I hear that!! I remember seeing it in the theaters and I always have enjoyed that film. I know some didn't like it but I am not one of them. I think for what it is and what story they wanted to tell, they did a good job with it. I just wish they did the sequel with Ash included like they originally were planning.

I remember seeing that in theaters with my dad. And my dad is a reserved guy, so it was awkward when the girl takes off her top in the beginning. :lol

One thing a Friday the 13th movie always guarantees is a great pair of knockers but I can share your pain/embarrassment when seeing them with you Dad. :lol

Yep the movie did me just fine. Could it have been better...yes but so could most movies. A lot of people I knew thought it was going to be some sort of cinema master class and I always went into it with the mind-set that it would, and it ultimately was a great horror popcorn movie, a real 'leave your brain at the door' type of movie.

Yes adding Ash to a sequel would have been great. I wonder if Robert Englund would have come out of retirement (from playing Freddy) to make a sequel?

Back