Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake: Show Us Some JASON!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<-- HUGE Jason fan and I'm in 100% agreement. :dunno

yeah I don't mean anyone in here really but some people get so insulted if you bring FVJ into a Friday the 13th conversation. They act like "How Dare you speak of such S__t"

I had a guy on facebook telling me how Freddy Vs Jason had some of the worst acting in a movie ever, it made me think, What Jason movie has good actors? :cuckoo: seriously

yeah I don't mean anyone in here really but some people get so insulted if you bring FVJ into a Friday the 13th conversation. They act like "How Dare you speak of such S__t"

I had a guy on facebook telling me how Freddy Vs Jason had some of the worst acting in a movie ever, it made me think, What Jason movie has good actors? :cuckoo: seriously

Did he miss all the Nightmare on Elm Streets past 3? :lol

The movie does take place in the future, but not the same filmverse. FvJ just isn't a sequel to the Friday films. :nono

I accept it as a sequel for both franchises. Jason has a different look in every movie so FvJ is no different. As far as continuity there are a lot of inconsistencies throughout the Jason films so what's the difference?

I accept it as a sequel for both franchises. Jason has a different look in every movie so FvJ is no different. As far as continuity there are a lot of inconsistencies throughout the Jason films so what's the difference?

If you do, that's great. Still doesn't change the fact that it's not. Jesus, on the sheer fact that they made Jason afraid of water to give Freddy a "weapon," it's not even a sequel to the Friday movies. How many times have we seen Jason walk into or out of the lake without being afraid of it? Like EVERY Friday the 13th? :huh

If you do, that's great. Still doesn't change the fact that it's not. Jesus, on the sheer fact that they made Jason afraid of water to give Freddy a "weapon," it's not even a sequel to the Friday movies. How many times have we seen Jason walk into or out of the lake without being afraid of it? Like EVERY Friday the 13th? :huh

see Even this gets thrown in my face.
And everyone loves to forget the ending of Friday part 8, when he has a child like voice calling his mom or something, and for a few seconds he shows fear, I remember that. he gets all messed up from the toxic waste but then sewer floods and Jason shows fear!!! He Grabs to the railing or something his mask comes off and in a child voice I think he says mama or something and he looks afraid of the flood... so even FVJ would be connected to that horse crap that part 8 was

Last edited:
see Even this gets thrown in my face.
And everyone loves to forget the ending of Friday part 8, when he has a child like voice calling his mom or something, and for a few seconds he shows fear, I remember that. he gets all messed up from the toxic waste but then sewer floods and Jason shows fear!!!

:lol I wouldn't call that "fear." The mask is the mask. The child's voice and him turning into a child, I can't explain, but then, neither can the writer or director in His Name Was Jason when the topic comes up. What everybody does agree on though is that they never should've made Jason afraid of water in FvJ. :lol

:lol I wouldn't call that "fear." The mask is the mask. The child's voice and him turning into a child, I can't explain, but then, neither can the writer or director in His Name Was Jason when the topic comes up. What everybody does agree on though is that they never should've made Jason afraid of water in FvJ. :lol

The fear part in FVJ was deep in his subconscious he was not afraid of water in the real world this was happening in the dream world. Where Freddy has control. I never had a problem with this even before I saw part 8 (which makes the complains even more stupid)
But he did drown and he was human at once, Once he was in the Dream world Freddy could not beat him physically, I always saw the water fear as Freddy did, bringing Jason into a child state.

Now you could imagine my surprise when I saw part 8 and the exact F__ng thing happened, Jason turns into a boy, calls for his mom, is afraid of the flooding water.... :slap:gah:

Agreed but they also made it that Freddy's weakness was fire. So they were just trying to give each of them a weakness based on their origin of how they became the way they are.

The fear part in FVJ was deep in his subconscious he was not afraid of water in the real world this was happening in the dream world. Where Freddy has control. I never had a problem with this even before I saw part 8 (which makes the complains even more stupid)
But he did drown and he was human at once, Once he was in the Dream world Freddy could not beat him physically, I always saw the water fear as Freddy did, bringing Jason into a child state.

Now you could imagine my surprise when I saw part 8 and the exact F__ng thing happened, Jason turns into a boy, calls for his mom, is afraid of the flooding water.... :slap:gah:

There's that word again. I don't think he was afraid. :dunno

We wasn't trying to clammer up the ladder past those two, nor was he screaming and flailing. He merely turned fast to see what was coming and then stood there and started barfing up water (funny story in Kane's book) until he was hit by the full brunt of the sewage/toxic waste. In FvJ, he's terrified of showering water. :lol

Agreed but they also made it that Freddy's weakness was fire. So they were just trying to give each of them a weakness based on their origin of how they became the way they are.

Which only further proves the film is a sequel to neither franchise.

There's that word again. I don't think he was afraid. :dunno

We wasn't trying to clammer up the ladder past those two, nor was he screaming and flailing. He merely turned fast to see what was coming and then stood there and started barfing up water (funny story in Kane's book) until he was hit by the full brunt of the sewage/toxic waste. In FvJ, he's terrified of showering water. :lol

Which only further proves the film is a sequel to neither franchise.

Well I would agree with that in theory. I just don't think hollywood felt that way making it. My argument is that it was "made" to be a sequel for both characters even though fans don't buy into it. You can look at it as a "what if?" film like A New Nightmare. You can choose to look at it as a seperate entry or you can accept it as part of the canon.

i remember awhile ago fridaythe13thfilms.com use to place freddy vs jason between jason goes to hell and jason x.

personally i dont think it should go under either a friday or nightmare set i put it as its own movie

Well I would agree with that in theory. I just don't think hollywood felt that way making it. My argument is that it was "made" to be a sequel for both characters even though fans don't buy into it. You can look at it as a "what if?" film like A New Nightmare. You can choose to look at it as a seperate entry or you can accept it as part of the canon.

I don't consider A New Nightmare to be a Freddy sequel either. Craven rebooted his own franchise with that movie. I think your "What If?" comparison is perfect as, like the Marvel books of the same name, it takes these characters out of canonical sequence and showcases the situation for what it is, an ultimate fanboy scenario with no repercussions in the main storylines. Also remember too, that if the studio had been behind it, this would've become Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (Army of Darkness) which further shows this wasn't meant to be an official sequel for anything.

I don't consider A New Nightmare to be a Freddy sequel either. Craven rebooted his own franchise with that movie. I think your "What If?" comparison is perfect as, like the Marvel books of the same name, it takes these characters out of canonical sequence and showcases the situation for what it is, an ultimate fanboy scenario with no repercussions in the main storylines. Also remember too, that if the studio had been behind it, this would've become Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash (Army of Darkness) which further shows this wasn't meant to be an official sequel for anything.

I can buy that explanation. That makes more sense in a "What if" world.

I wish I could remember where I read or watched that little tidbit about F13 part 2 remake and how they mentioned that it was going to be a big deal due to it being the 13th film with Jason. Just cant remember! :thud:

I wish I could remember where I read or watched that little tidbit about F13 part 2 remake and how they mentioned that it was going to be a big deal due to it being the 13th film with Jason. Just cant remember! :thud:

I'm sure I read that somewhere too.
Also there were talks that the sequel would be made with found footage. Kinda like Blair witch project but with Jason.

I just want to see Jason kill more teens asap! Lol. Hopefully Derek can reprise his role. Maybe carry on from where the remake left off?
There was a guy on another forum that had a great idea about going further back to showing Pamela Voorhees pregnant and how her partner beat her etc etc. (I'm not doing justice to the guys idea but trust me it sounded awesome)
Will see if u can find it again and will post it here.

"13th film appearance" yes, if you're counting young Jason from the first one. Your first statement was about it being the 13th Friday the 13th film, which it is not. I think we're making headway now! :yess: :lol

Back