Weather Vs. Statues and Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there. He came off as condescending, so I called him out. I'm well aware of those problems but that is not the reason why I started this thread.

Anyhow, it is actually quit cold in my basement. I have to wear a winter jacket when I am down there. I have a portable heater that I keep in my basement as well, but I don't want to place it too close to my collection as I know the constant rapid change in temperature will ruin the pieces.

My main concern is for rubber shrinking due to the cold weather, causing it to loosen off the adhesive of certain Hot Toys, or PVC statues cracking. :)

And i'm called moronic.Listen buddy keep the heat on and your toys will be fine.

There you go ....mentioning heating again.

The disrespect is outrageous I say !

Just want to point out your using sarcasm before things get crazy again, you never know how he might interpret your comment..lol

tumblr_mnxfhnyjwB1s6o9m9o1_500.gif

I tend to find that materials often suffer more due to too wide a range of temperature.. the best bet is to try to regulate the temperature they are exposed to within a range that doesn't vary too widely year round.. for example, Garages tend to be a very bad place for long term storage, particularly for items made of rubber for this reason, even in the UK where the temperatures are not often particularly extreme.

I think rubber is probably the best material to research for an optimal temperature range to avoid 'perishing' on figures in your basement, since as some of the other posters have mentioned, material like polystone should be ok, unless the temperature is extreme or there is some other detrimental factor.

Back