WB, Miller pushing Justice League for 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Columbus Short Turns Down Green Lantern
Source: MTV October 30, 2007

Smart move or dumb move? Actor Columbus Short tells MTV he turned down the role of Green Lantern in George Miller's Justice League at Warner Bros., which we assume also includes the Greg Berlanti-directed spin-off Green Lantern:

"'Justice League' is going to be dope, it's going to be huge," grinned the fast-rising star, before dropping a second bomb: "But it's not the movie for me."

That's right - Columbus Short has not only been considered for "Justice League", but has already turned the filmmakers (including director George Miller) down cold. In joining the ranks of Biel and who knows how many others, Short said that he ultimately decided the script was too much popcorn for his taste.

You'll have to click the link above to see why he made this decision.

_42450489_stomp_203b.jpg

Don't know him, but he has the look of a young John Stewart.

But he can't be very smart - since I DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL HE IS and he turned down a role in a movie that would make sure everyone would know his name. I could have seen Bale turning down Batman, he was already established - but can you imagine Routh turning down Superman? It would have just been stupid.

The guy who said the movie is going to be "dope" turned down a role?

Thank God.

(Me hates street slang) :monkey5

New Justice League Cast Members?
Source: Superhero Hype! November 19, 2007

Keep in mind that Warner Bros. has yet to reveal any cast members, but this is a list of names Superhero Hype! received over the weekend as to who might be cast in Justice League. Yes, we realize the much rumored Adam Brody is not listed here as The Flash. Our answer? We just don't know what's up, plain and simple:

Superman - D.J. Cotrona
Batman - Armie Hammer
Wally West/The Flash - Anton Yelchin
Aquaman - Santiago Cabrera
Iris - Zoe Kazan
Wonder Woman - Megan Gale
Talia al Ghul - Teresa Palmer
Green Lantern - Common

We must repeat, the above names are not confirmed. They might not be confirmed for a while, because a new article talking about the writers strike at The Hollywood Reporter says that Justice League might not be as sure of a thing as it seems:

At Warner Bros., "Justice League of America" finds itself without a shooting script and has options expiring on potential actors who recently were screen tested. As a result, it might have to postpone production.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/34814

Harry/Mori/Merrick/Quint/Vern (who am I forgetting?)

I want you to have this before that OTHER site gets it... and I know they will.

The trades are going to announce the cast of Justice League next week, but courtesy someone connected to Ken Ralston I can tell you four confirmed names.

- Adam Brody (THE O.C., GILMORE GIRLS, THANK YOU FOR SMOKING)

- Common (SMOKIN' ACES, WANTED)

- Scott Porter (SPEED RACER 'Rex Racer', FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS tv show, DESCENT, MUSIC AND LYRICS)

- Teresa Palmer (WOLF CREEK, THE GRUDGE 2, DECEMBER BOYS)

Palmer is not Wonder Woman, I believe she's a villain. Brody is Wally West. Common is The Green Lantern. Porter, they think, is Superman. There's also word that Michael Gough might be appearing as Alfred.

The full cast should be revealed by this time next week.

Batman Casting Confirmed for Justice League!

Written by Stephanie Sanchez
Friday, 30 November 2007

Justice League casting confirmations from the studio although vehemently rumored to be announced soon, have been slow coming. The IESB has been able to confirm the casting of Adam Brody, Teresa Palmer and Common through various sources and we’ve got one more to add to the list today.

Armie Hammer. I know what you’re thinking, “WHO?” Armie Hammer, short for Armand Hammer not to be confused with Arm & Hammer the popular “do-everything” household agent. But yes, Armie Hammer has joined the cast as none other than the Dark Knight himself, Batman.

Clocking in at 6 foot 5 inches tall, Hammer certainly has the stature for the role, plus as an added bonus he’s an amateur magician…I kid you not.

<sarcasm>Plus what else do the roles of “Abercrombie Boy” and “Male Prefect” prepare you for besides one of the greatest superheroes of all time? </sarcasm>

First reported by Jett over at Batman-on-film.com/JusticeLeague-on-film.com on November 16, although he was really hoping it wouldn’t pan out. Today, the IESB has gotten solid confirmation that this is not bull****, Hammer has in fact been cast as Batman.

Stay tuned to the IESB for further Justice League updates!

Interesting...

*sigh* Every time I look at this thread I keep hoping to see the project has gone back to Development Hell. Guess not :monkey2 Alas possible DC Franchises, we hardly knew ye.

Looks like Megan Gale has been confirmed as Diana. I can live with that.

And with Miller doing this project I'm going to be totally optimistic until I see something that convinces me otherwise. So far, the casting hasn't convinced me that it will anything other than great.

Adrian Brody as the Flash? He would have made a great Joker (actually looks a lot like the comic version), but I don't see him as the Flash. I've never heard of anyone else on that list. I feel this will bomb seriously.

Marvel knows what they are doing. Introduce the individual Avenger characters in the own films FIRST, then bring them together for an Avengers film.

Thank goodness Nolan knows what he is doing with Batman at least.

Uh, that's ADAM Brody from the O.C... He's actually pretty good casting for Wally West. His OC character, Seth Cohen, was a fast talking geek, but I'm sure he can play a little cooler to be Wally.

Megan Gale certainly has the look for Wonder Woman.
gale.JPG

I'm a bit concerned that they're going so young with everyone, but it doesn't sound the death knell for the film, in my eyes anyway.

This is indeed an intriguing project, to say the least. It can land as an unsung work of genius, a complete and utter disaster, or anything in-between.

I just can't quite put my finger on it or figure out what they're trying to do overall. But I'll be watching.

This film will be an interesting one to pull off, the story could easily fall apart dependant on the baddie or baddies involved.....

Either way much like AvP:R even if the film sucks I have a feeling we'll be getting some nice 1/6 characters from the films I just hope they don't go too left with the costuming on them...

I'm interested in seeing what Weta's take on Batman and Superman will be.

I just hope Justice League doesn't turn out to be G rated like Speed Racer.

Last edited:
WETA doing the costumes is interesting, although did they do the Superman Returns one? I'd like to see something different on the JL Supes. It's always interesting trying to see what a real world reason would be for these outfits.

WETA doing the costumes is interesting, although did they do the Superman Returns one? I'd like to see something different on the JL Supes. It's always interesting trying to see what a real world reason would be for these outfits.

Don't think there is a real world reason to wear your underwear on the outside

Don't think there is a real world reason to wear your underwear on the outside

I think Superman Returns answered that pretty well. His Kryptonian space suit which can change from silver to blue is too form-fitting for traditional earthian modesty so he had to add the shorts to the costume for propriety's sake. Why the cape? I have no idea...

:monkey1

Back