WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus. They're doing it. They're actually going to make the Watchmen literally in virtual lockstep with the graphic novel. My hopes have been realized.

Also excited that the fight coordinators have been carried over by Snyder from 300!

TDK forged the path, and the Watchmen is treading upon it. Comicbook movies are going to be different from now on, and this may very well be the Citizen Kane of comic films. :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
Hot damn! :rock

Only thing is didn't like was the constant references to the team as "The Watchmen".

Yeah, I hate that, too. Watchmen was never an official group name in the book. It was just Minutemen and The Crimebusters. General audience pandering, I guess. Well, at least they drop the "The". It's just "Watchmen". (I'm looking at you, Scar :lol )

I don't know if it's pandering so much as trying to make the ideas in the book clear enough for a mass audience. They're gonna have to spell out all the little bits Moore hinted at, touch upon or left for the reader to make the connections about.

Well, at least they drop the "The". It's just "Watchmen". (I'm looking at you, Scar :lol )

It's also Citizen Kane. :monkey3 :lol

Yeah, I hate that, too. Watchmen was never an official group name in the book. It was just Minutemen and The Crimebusters. General audience pandering, I guess. Well, at least they drop the "The". It's just "Watchmen". (I'm looking at you, Scar :lol )

Sorry. It's a habit when I refer to things I think require respect, such as calling Sauron "The Dark Lord" and Palpatine "The Emperor", Watchmen confusion aside... sorry, I'll differ to just Watchmen and beat the OCD demon inside me so as not to confuse peoples. :duh Now the Citizen Kane comment was a brain fart... and I will admit that I can't even take credit for the reference as a friend just pointed it out and I have to agree it will be that. :D

Agreed, I wasn't big on them referring to themselves as the Watchmen, but I think it's going to work well in the final picture. Jesus Christ I'm so ^^^^ing pumped for this movie right now. :rock

I enjoyed the Comedian's reaction at the beginning when turning to meet the intruder, and Rorschach has excellent menace, which is precisely as it should be.

I still remain more than a bit curious as to how they're going to handle the ending...

Guess it's just a matter of time until a "who's hotter" poll: Silk Spectre I or Silk Spectre II. :drool :drool :drool

Guess it's just a matter of time until a "who's hotter" poll: Silk Spectre I or Silk Spectre II. :drool :drool :drool

Well, they're both extremely hot in their own ways. But since I am partial to little sexy Italian chicks (i.e. Carla Gugino) I gotta go with Sally/Silk Spectre I. :naughty

Well, they're both extremely hot in their own ways. But since I am partial to little sexy Italian chicks (i.e. Carla Gugino) I gotta go with Sally/Silk Spectre I. :naughty

I'm with ya. Silk Spectre II has her appeal, but Silk Spectre I is vintage hot and an icon of sexuality. :drool

I'm glad to have another outlet to discuss Watchmen. My best friends who are die hard Watchmen fans are in Philly, and I have to wait until Christmas when I can discuss it with my girlfriend (hope she likes her present :D).

Anyone else excited to see how they do Tales of the Black Freighter as well? Pretty stoked to see how they deal with it on the animated DVD; industries have been pushing the envelope with animated releases geared towards more adult audiences... Turok comes to mind. Seeing it cut into the movie on the SE DVD will be awesome!

Anyone else excited to see how they do Tales of the Black Freighter as well? Pretty stoked to see how they deal with it on the animated DVD; industries have been pushing the envelope with animated releases geared towards more adult audiences... Turok comes to mind. Seeing it cut into the movie on the SE DVD will be awesome!

Yep. I am quite looking forward to both that and the "Under The Hood" documentary.

The opening scene is reportedly pretty epic. Blake is pretty easily dispatched by Ozy but he puts up a good fight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as stoked as anybody about this movie, but... the new trailer seems kinda anti-climactic when compared with the first.

As far as trailers go, the first one was a masterpiece, this one was just a commercial for a movie.

It sounds stupid, I know. They're both commercials. But still, the first one invoked a lot more emotion than this one.

Oh well, it doesn't matter, I still can't wait for this thing! :banana

The purpose of this trailer is simply to explain the overall idea/plot of the film for mass audiences who know nothing of WATCHMEN. It makes perfect sense when you view it in that regard.

The teaser (and especially the SpikeTV Scream footage reel) were clearly cut with WATCHMEN fans in mind first. Now they have to sell it to everyone else.

I know what you mean Kab. But I think thats the point. I mean...they HAVE to sell it to the normal people...

And im sure thats why they called the "Minutemen" Watchmen. You can kinda tell its overdubbed. If they said minutemen, and the title said "WATCHMEN"...people might be like "WTF?".

But I LOVED the trailer. Wish the "Beginning blah blah end" song was still there....but hey. Rorschach was ^^^^ing BAMF!!!!!

Back