WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new issue of Toyfare is out this week, and it loves me!

wizarduniverse_2028_1985823621

ToyFare #137 The Watchmen Cover

It's one of the most anticipated comic adaptations of all time...and it's inspiring one of the most anticipated toy lines of all time!

We'll be talking to some of the talents behind Zack Snyder's new film, based (of course!) on the beloved Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons tome, Watchmen. We'll also chat up the team at DC Direct that's finally bringing the characters to shiny plastic and polystone toy- life! DC Direct's Watchmen figures to take aim on our cover this month!

It wouldn't be a problem if their 7" figures were more articulated. But, oh well. Those and the busts have really great sculpts and detail. I'm in for all of 'em (and the props). It's the 1/6 figures that scare me. :lol

Not sure if it's this week or not. The new Hardcover printing of the TPB (with the same color-correction from the Absolute) is out today, though.

Not sure if it's this week or not. The new Hardcover printing of the TPB (with the same color-correction from the Absolute) is out today, though.

Picked that up today. I like that they shrink wrap them to protect the sleeve :)

I was printed the High Res out at home yesterday for my classroom and my little cousin walked up (hes about 11) and said "Look, that's a nipple!" I looked down at Silk Spectre's poster and starting laughing. Then he went to my aunt and said he wants to see this movie because it has nipples. :lol

She wasn't too pleased.

Then he went to my aunt and said he wants to see this movie because it has nipples. :lol

Your cousin and me both. :naughty

Just don't tell him about the dog murder, rape scene, or glowing blue wang. :lol

Last edited:
DC shows November 5, 2008 for the Absolute.

https://www.dccomics.com/dcu/graphic_novels/?gn=4040

I'd really like to get another copy of it, but I can't find it locally (yet)

Amazon and TFAW.com both have it up for pre-order.

BTW, I got the issues of EGM and Toyfare in the mail today. Both feature WATCHMEN cover stories. Toyfare was pretty dull. No new DC Direct (or Hot Toys) figure announcements. The EGM article on the game, however, is quite exhaustive. Several pages with tons of pictures. Here are some of the main tidbits I gathered on the videogame:

- It takes place in 1972

- The first episode consists of 6 chapters. Rorschach & Nite Owl only characters you play. Will be available for download on Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam in March

- The Underboss will be in the game

- Nite Owl is the one with the grappling gun in the game, as he hasn't given it to Rorschach yet

- Rorschach has a "rage meter" for brawling while Nite Owl relies more on gadgets and suit technology

- Archie (the Owl Ship) is indeed in the game

- Len Wein wrote the stories and all the dialogue

- There will be cut scenes done in the same style as the Watchmen Motion Comic

- Rorschach will narrate the game (like a journal, I suppose)

- Both Jackie Earl Haley and Patrick Wilson do the voice work for their characters

Thanks for the heads up, Irish, but I finally found a store that had the Absolute Edition in stock. Picked up another along with the Hardcover edition (easier to read than the Absolute).

The only difference I've noticed with this second printing is the slip case has the countdown clock instead of the Comedian smiley. The material itself is the same, and the copyright is still 2005. I prefer the smiley edition :)

Hot damn! :rock

Only thing is didn't like was the constant references to the team as "The Watchmen".

Back