WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Especially if he gets the 3 hour version that he wants. And to think that there might be a 4 1/2 hour director's cut sounds too good to be true.

Oh, God I hope your right because the only thing better than a three hour movie about Watchmen would be a four hour movie about Watchmen.

The Comedian WAS the baddest MOFO EVER !!!!

MY KIND OF HERO !!!

Oh, God I hope your right because the only thing better than a three hour movie about Watchmen would be a four hour movie about Watchmen.

Damn yeah true that! I still think the LotR movies are waay too short and I don't want to feel that way with Watchmen so bring on the 4.5 hours Director's Cut into the theatres!! :D

It probably won't disappoint Moore because he will refuse to even watch it at all. Yes, he's that stubborn. Wait, is Bannister around? I mean to say Moore is that RECALICTRANT.

:p
:lol:lol:lol
I still can't believe he agreed to be on The Simpsons. I thought that guy hated everything.

:lol:lol:lol
I still can't believe he agreed to be on The Simpsons. I thought that guy hated everything.

Yeah but even Alan Moore had to laugh at the comic Millhouse had him sign - Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation. The Simpsons are still great and that is just comic gold.

Post 1,000

Last edited:

This isn't really movie related, but there's going to be a new book out by Dave Gibbons called Watching the Watchmen. I've already pre-ordered a copy at Amazon.

Product Description
Voted among Time magazine's 100 Best Novels from 1923 to the present, a perennial bestseller over the past twenty years and widely considered the greatest graphic novel of all time, WATCHMEN is a gripping, labyrinthine piece of comic art, which has earned an acclaimed place in modern literary history.
Now, you can enjoy the ultimate companion to the comics masterpiece, as artist Dave Gibbons gives his own account of the genesis of WATCHMEN in this dust-jacketed hardback volume, opening his vast personal archives to reveal excised pages, original character designs, page thumbnails, sketches and much more, including posters, covers and rare portfolio art. Featuring the breathtaking design of Chip Kidd and Mike Essl, WATCHING THE WATCHMEN is both a major art book in its own right, and the definitive companion to the graphic novel that changed an industry.
"I've had a great time, re-visiting the very beginnings of Watchmen and unearthing material I haven't set eyes on for many years. As a fan myself, this is the kind of stuff I eat up and I'm sure the many devotees of the graphic novel will do the same!" says Gibbons.

I'll definitely get that book. Sounds great.

I'll give that book a look. :rock

Definitely picking this up! :rock

51PShg4zbOL._SS500_.jpg

Yea, looks interesting. Might just browse it at Borders, but it's worth a glance.

Back