Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

I dont think it matters what controller it is. It's confirmed that the demo was running on PC. That's telling too that so many demos were not running on console hardware. They dont want to show games running on relics. Doesnt represent the game well to show the audience how weak it'll look for us when it launches....yes I'm getting bitter about the lack of next gen announcements.

I think it's partly due to really early development of the game, they probably aren't ready to show the console versions.

Finnally a game that is not a rehash part 3 over and over again i like what ive seen thus far and will probably be picking this one up.

Yeah food for thought. It does look too good to be true a times for this gen. It could be the classic bait and switch though. Show amazing footage running on a PC and then release a severly watered down version to an unsuspecting public. Worked for BF3. Or as some have suggested, it's a fake. Not the first time someone at E3 has shown fake gameplay footage also known as "target" footage.

It would be a strange choice IMO to not announce a console only to have footage for one of it's games debut. Especially when this kind of footage would make a nice statement at an unveil. Still though, it's fun to speculate.

It would take more money to make a fake video like that than it would be worth.

Most games don't improve quality for PC, so this is likely the quality they are shooting for.

It would take more money to make a fake video like that than it would be worth.

Most games don't improve quality for PC, so this is likely the quality they are shooting for.

Not necessarily. A good video can generate an incredible amount of hype. Look at this E3 already. This game is the talk of the show because of that demo. That kind of attention is priceless for a publisher.

Yeah food for thought. It does look too good to be true a times for this gen. It could be the classic bait and switch though. Show amazing footage running on a PC and then release a severly watered down version to an unsuspecting public. Worked for BF3. Or as some have suggested, it's a fake. Not the first time someone at E3 has shown fake gameplay footage also known as "target" footage.

It would be a strange choice IMO to not announce a console only to have footage for one of it's games debut. Especially when this kind of footage would make a nice statement at an unveil. Still though, it's fun to speculate.

Interesting thought because I watched a video today on it called something like "watch dog UK demo" then I watched the E3 demo later thinking it was different. Low and behold they were the exact same.

The ending was different. One endind just stops where he's driving the car. The other pans out to show the other player watching him from afar.

The ending was different. One endind just stops where he's driving the car. The other pans out to show the other player watching him from afar.

that was better. it shows the game will have more than one protagonist, possibly each with his/her specialty?
That would be friggin awesome especially since i don't like the revealed main character.

On people sying this is next-gen, i would agree but i don't think a PS3 version of thos game is impossible, did you see the Last of Us demo?

that was better. it shows the game will have more than one protagonist, possibly each with his/her specialty?
That would be friggin awesome especially since i don't like the revealed main character.

On people sying this is next-gen, i would agree but i don't think a PS3 version of thos game is impossible, did you see the Last of Us demo?

Last of Us isn't open world though. BIG difference. A game that's linear and heavily scripted can afford to go a lot farther with detail than a game that has a big open map.

I loved the trailer for this, and for a open world style game with(hopefully) a rich story it should be really good even if the console versions are watered down, i would bet this game will be better then games like Prototype, Imfamous,Saints Row, and GTA.

Yes, but what it seemed like was that other players play the other protagonists. (a new form of multiplayer).

Informative interview with the developers:

[ame]https://youtu.be/suj8Ukbl6zY[/ame]

highlights:
• The city itself will be used as a weapon - tap into any computers or infrastructure. Or the ''darkest secrets of the people living in Chicago.''

• The demo shown was just one example of what the players can do to achieve their objective.

• Aiden Pierce isn't good or bad, but neutral.

• The example given is that by causing collateral damage with civilians getting killed, giving a bad image towards the player.
- The other way in killing the person that was shown in the trailer could have been by tracking the guy down in the parking lot, and take him down there.
- This gives the player the choice in how he approaches his missions

• ''Online is in the DNA of Watch Dogs''
- The motto - ''Everything is connected, and connection is power''

• Two people were playing during the demo, one was playing as Aiden Pierce, and another person was playing as another character, which had his own objectives, and ''crossed paths''. Basically, both players had their own objectives and crossed paths.

• Their wanting to blend in multiplayer, online and singleplayer, in ways that haven't been done before.

• Their game was inspired by other games, such as Assassins Creed, in reference to open world. Day to day news from Chicago was also an inspiration.

• Powers will grow as the game progresses, and you get more and more powerful as you progress.

• Left questions raised as to whether Aiden Pierce is the only person in the world of Watch Dog that has the powers that Aiden himself has.

• New IP, with three ingredients involved,
- Talented team
- Time, with it being developed for two years, but definitely not being shipped this year, so a lot more time is available.
- Awesome technology such as a new engine to give the designers new tools to allow new things and a lot of detail.

• City is based on Chicago - heavily inspired by Chicago. Very similar.

• Poor districts or more wealthy districts will influence how you play and approach missions.

• You choose what to do with the information you gather on the civilians around the city, so not all civilians have ''dark secrets'', but those that do, you'll be given the option to act on it, for side-missions.
- These ''dark secrets'' may include prior criminal convictions, etc.
- The city and the media will have an impact on how you take action.
• Definitely not being shipped this year.
• Will support ''multiple platforms''

Im all for the multiplayer options, but i hope i wont be punished if i decide to play offline. This new direction of multiplayer gaming is interesting, but also a little concerning. I often prefer to just jump on a game and play by myself for a while. I dont want to deal with other people in many cases, so I hope they keep that in mind when designing this game.

Last edited:

Just what I thought the MP was gonna be like. Really cool. Kinda like a step forward in the multiplayer that Dark Souls introduced.

Ok I need to stop reading about this. I forget the AC3 and GTAV are coming soon.

Maybe cuz it's a new IP; my interest is so perked

No mention of "Person of Interest" in the inspiration, maybe for good reason, but I'm convinced. :lol

The multiplayer sounds very interesting, it's like you're playing the game but other people might be affecting the world as well

Back