Was faramir a poor choice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for me personally, I dont collect he 1/6 but it was nice to see Faramir represented. As Dusty said, there was an uproar when he was not shown during the SSW days so to see him at all was a bonus.(although personally I don't like the figure, It was nice to see the character representation)

Shell
x :peace

P.s.

Seaward goes back to the the old days, you newbs won't recognise him
hey bud:wave
x

It's available on DVD as well through Amazon for $10. I'd go with that instead of itunes as it comes with a bunch of extra features including a musical commentary track. https://www.amazon.com/Horribles-Si..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1233440912&sr=8-1

It's quite epic. It think you'd love it, Dusty.

Definitely will check it out... I love the musical episode of Buffy and from the looks of what they show on iTunes, this is a bit similar. I also adore Nathan F - he's a really great guy! I once had drunken night on Sunset Blvd. with him and Alan T... my friend worked on the set of Serenity and it's true that everyone on that project became really great friends - even 2 years later he recognized my friend in the audience of a concert we were at, and all our drinks were paid for for the rest of the night! Plus he's a great dancer :naughty :lol

And now that I've COMPLETELY derailed the thread... ha! (sorry, it's Saturday)

Definitely will check it out... I love the musical episode of Buffy and from the looks of what they show on iTunes, this is a bit similar. I also adore Nathan F - he's a really great guy! I once had drunken night on Sunset Blvd. with him and Alan T... my friend worked on the set of Serenity and it's true that everyone on that project became really great friends - even 2 years later he recognized my friend in the audience of a concert we were at, and all our drinks were paid for for the rest of the night! Plus he's a great dancer :naughty :lol

And now that I've COMPLETELY derailed the thread... ha! (sorry, it's Saturday)

SO JEALOUS! :google

I'm still ticked that I missed him at SDCC last year.

Well you MUST watch it then. He's so fantastic as Captain Hammer. :rock

Nathan Fillion would've been a great Faramir.

(see how deftly I re-rail this thread :naughty)

Faramir was an excellent choice . He showed that SSC was committed to the line (at the time) and that they would make secondary characters. He was executed extremely well, although the face paint was a bit inconsistent.

Even if Saruman or Gimli had filled that spot in the release, I'm sure we'd be in the same place as we are now.

Well I may be in the minority here but I think there will be enough interest in all things LOTR when the Hobbit is released to encourage SSC to make a few more.
I'm sure it didn't help with so much of the creative juices going toward Star Wars, the snail's pace of releases, and the disappointment of the Hobbit body were all contributing factors that can be dealt with if the line is rekindled.

I don't think Faramir was a bad choice... the paint was off on some, but that is easily cured. The sculpt and clothing was very well done, and it showed loyalty to those who collected the SSC/Weta stuff.

I do however still think that if an evil character would have been made it would have given the line energy to make it through the Fellowship. The bad guys in LOTR were all so visually interesting.. it would have made a killing. Especially a Ringwraith... people would have been clamoring at the bit for that one. SSC would have easily sold nine of them per one person for a few of the hardcore fans.

I don't think Faramir was a bad choice... the paint was off on some, but that is easily cured.

For you maybe. :lol

Faramir was an excellent choice because it showed how extensive the line was going to be at that point. One could say that Kit Fisto was the Faramir of that line instead of going for the predictable Anakins, Obis, etc. It showed that even background Jedi were going to be done. One would wonder though if SSC kept their edition sizes really low if that would have spurred enough interest to keep it afloat....the best figure of the whole line Gandalf is still hanging out....

I for one was really happy with Sideshow releasing Faramir because he was not represented in the Weta line which I collect extensively. Which is why I got Strider (didn't have the Weta Strider at the time and didn't think I'd ever afford him (thanks KitFisto!! :)) and Faramir only in the 12" line.

I also would have lined up for a Denethor 12". ;)

Beren

Terrible paint apps and factory quality control was a poor choice.

This thread just goes to show we can't win either way :lol Some of you may remember the huge (HUGE) uproar when the Weta line ended and Faramir didn't get a 1/6th scale statue representation in the line. This was a way for Sideshow to help out in that regard.

And maybe I'm blind, but I have the Faramir production figure and think it's awesome. We also gave one to David Wenham at the last ORC con and he was super impressed - I guess he's not used to having figures made of him ;)

Regardless, it definitely wasn't Faramir - it was a combo of factors that just can't be overcome at the moment, due mostly to the economy. So come on, where are the Faramir-philes out there who will stand with me to defend his honor? :D

He was the first one I bought!!! I have no problems with him being made, I just wish the line would've continued. :(

What's a Faramir?

:mad: :thwak

2634032795_d39a894067.jpg

Back