Warhammer 40k?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, Warhammer....

As i paint these little ***** for a living, its quite fun for me to see new folks coming into it...

I dont play, but i stress to folks looking to start that they need to PICK an army that appeals to them, both in look and style...

Orks are fun, lots of em, big guns, lots of shooty :p

Marines can be fun if you play them right

Nids are evil..ugly and swarm alot...

Eldar are just elves in fancy suits :p

Ah, Warhammer....

As i paint these little ***** for a living, its quite fun for me to see new folks coming into it...

I dont play, but i stress to folks looking to start that they need to PICK an army that appeals to them, both in look and style...

Orks are fun, lots of em, big guns, lots of shooty :p

Marines can be fun if you play them right

Nids are evil..ugly and swarm alot...

Eldar are just elves in fancy suits :p

Painting and customizing is definitely the best part, I cannot imagine doing it for a living though, still must have been fun.

I liked painting my little Necro.

I was going to try Dark Elders...but Necros were so cool lookin.

I liked painting my little Necro.

I was going to try Dark Elders...but Necros were so cool lookin.

Dark Elders have great models and cool fluff, I was never a fan of playing them though. I think the got nerfed heavily over the years...or maybe the started weak and got better...cannot remember,

Dark Elders have great models and cool fluff, I was never a fan of playing them though. I think the got nerfed heavily over the years...or maybe the started weak and got better...cannot remember,

Yeah the new Eldar Codex & Figures are awesome.

The talent that goes into designing & sculpting these things is amazing.

Some of the new Necron stuff looks amazing.
My brother brought the Codex home the other week & I always have a look through it when I'm round there.

I would recommend getting some practice games in with the different races before you start buying anything as the way they play varies massively & you really don't want to start spending hundreds of $'s on a race that doesn't fit well with how you want to play.

If you're just interested in modelling & painting then have a look at Tyranids.
They have some amazing pieces available & the Hive guard, Tyrant Guard, Old one Eye & Lictors look fantastic painted well.

It really is worth reading up & getting to a gaming club though

Neil

Sound advice. get pieces of paper, write unit names/types on them. play a practice game. see hfif you like the way the army plays. youll save TONS of money.

Personaly, i'm waiting for an updated Chaos Legions codex to come out. I want to make and play some Thousand sons.

200px-1KSon.jpg

thousandsons.jpg

Thousand_Sons_Marine_by_Clint_Langley.jpg

ThousandSons.JPG

their story is really cool too. they are damned souls trapped in animated suits of armor.
Additionaly, they're fairly powerful, as they get a Sorcerer ( Librairian) in EVERY squad.
Lastly, if you've ever played Dawn of war, they have a special connection to the Blood Ravens.

No. But my friend has given me a quick Blood Angles history. Perhaps ravens too. Not sure.

But that does sound badass. I like these litte stories. I'll buy one more, and then i'll see how I'll feel.

Worst case senerio, I don't want any more, and i'll just have a few cool models.

Back