Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are just excellent pics.

Im a little out of the loop on WDW. My sis just got back from there and said that they are removing the large sorcerer hat at the movie studios. If they are going to overhaul the movie studies, then I HOPE they add a marvel attraction or something really cool! They could produce a show similar to Indiana Jones' stage show and come up with one for captain America. How awesome would that be to see?!

Those are just excellent pics.

Im a little out of the loop on WDW. My sis just got back from there and said that they are removing the large sorcerer hat at the movie studios. If they are going to overhaul the movie studies, then I HOPE they add a marvel attraction or something really cool! They could produce a show similar to Indiana Jones' stage show and come up with one for captain America. How awesome would that be to see?!
That would be cool, but they'd have to get the rights from universal studios. I'd expect more Pixar stuff

Is it true indy is getting the axe too at HS? Read some rumors, and it seems to make sense with all the other closures and renovations.

My thoughts are if they are going to remove the back lot tour, why not remove the stunt show that's right next to it and open up that whole corner of the park to 2-3 other attractions. I wouldn't be surprised either if they removed or changed the Indy show. As long as they don't remove the Great Movie Ride or One Man's Dream, then I'm all for change. I highly doubt they would remove or close down Aerosmith or Tower of Terror, so Im good with whatever at this point.

The sorcerer hat is being removed early January 2015 from what I hear and this is a good thing. That's been an eyesore for way too long. In no way does Fantasia represent "Hollywood". It represents magic, so I guess if it's "Movie Magic" that they're celebrating, it's kind of a shoehorned fit.

With the Backlot Tour also closed, the Jack Sparrow thing closing, and rumors of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (on and off again rumors)... what else is closed? Is the American Idol Experience still a thing?

The logical thing is Star Wars. A heavy Star Wars presence is what is capable of drawing new guests to the resort. They're not allowed to do Marvel. I expect an announcement come Summer 2015.

My thoughts are if they are going to remove the back lot tour, why not remove the stunt show that's right next to it and open up that whole corner of the park to 2-3 other attractions. I wouldn't be surprised either if they removed or changed the Indy show. As long as they don't remove the Great Movie Ride or One Man's Dream, then I'm all for change. I highly doubt they would remove or close down Aerosmith or Tower of Terror, so Im good with whatever at this point.

I believe the Lights ,Motor, Action! is going away in favor of Cars Land they are building back there.

And Halloween has ended so here's a few late pics.

DL11022014_046.jpg

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy uses a ghoulish green lighting rather than the usual blue.
DL11022014_020.jpg

Hard to take pics of the Ghost in the ride but I managed to capture his derp face
DL11022014_025.jpg

Holiday Trim has already begun being put up
DL11022014_008.jpg

DL11022014_003.jpg

DL11022014_011.jpg

DL11022014_035.jpg

More from Club 33
DL11022014_043.jpg

DL11022014_041.jpg

DL11022014_031.jpg

DL11022014_030.jpg

DL11022014_033.jpg

I believe the Lights ,Motor, Action! is going away in favor of Cars Land they are building back there.

I could have sworn that East Coast Cars Land was put on indefinite hold. John Lasseter argued that it was to anchor DCA and make that a destination park.

A SW section would make the most sense considering how many movies are in the pipeline. They have a stage show which is kind of cool, and Star Tours which is just ok, so something more expansive would be pretty nice.

It's only a matter of time before Disney gets the marvel rights to make a few attractions. Sad to hear about the Indy stunt show. Been to that 4-5 times lol.

I had an absolute blast three years ago for the holiday festivities they put on. Gets me pumped that they are starting to decorate for it!

The logical thing is Star Wars. A heavy Star Wars presence is what is capable of drawing new guests to the resort. They're not allowed to do Marvel. I expect an announcement come Summer 2015.

I'm hoping they reveal something along these lines at Celebration in April.

The plans for a long rumored Star Wars takeover in Disneyland's Tomorrowland is also on the shelf. The imagineers prefer it be in a third park... but that would take an enormous amount of capital that I think the board of directors and stockholders have to approve of. Star Wars in Tomorrowland would almost have started construction already but they spent a lot on Paris and it's still not making money... the Magic Band system in Florida cost them a whole lot of money and isn't giving them any returns, and Shanghai Disneyland is way over budget and delayed.

While Disneyland was originally the place where Star Wars land would have appeared in first, I think it should go to Orlando first to combat Harry Potter. Although... Harry Potter is coming to California too in 2016. And Disneyland so far has nothing in the works to go up against it.

I also hear they will be adding 2 more countries to epcot. One being brazil. Not sure the validity of this though.

Back