Venom Life Sized Bust #2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd choice since its the second visit to a mid level character in the most expensive scale. Hopefully it looks good.

And I have never understood the mentality that doing a character in the same format or scale twice somehow diminishes the first one or that owners of the first version should feel somehow slighted. Makes no sense to me. Its not like Sideshow makes a second version while at the same time sneaking into your house and destroying the first thus forcing you to buy the second. Its very whinny.

Are you saying that it won't have an effect on the secondary market value of the first piece? Wasn't that one selling for big bucks? Unless this is crap (unlikely) it's bound to have an effect on the previous releases value.

Now SS don't need to worry about secondary value but that won't stop people ______ing about it.

Personally I think it's a great shame that they didn't produce a McFarlane version. It's actually mind boggling that only Koto have produced the original Venom. Hopefully this will come with a removable Tongue.

Are you saying that it won't have an effect on the secondary market value of the first piece?

If all someone is worried about is the secondary market value of their collectible then ____ em anyway. Then for sure its 100% whinny argument.

Is it really the function or responsibilty of a manufactuere to maintain the after market value of their products?

I would think having the option to have mutiple verions of your favorite characters to be a good thing. But thats just my opinion.

Odd choice since its the second visit to a mid level character in the most expensive scale. Hopefully it looks good.

And I have never understood the mentality that doing a character in the same format or scale twice somehow diminishes the first one or that owners of the first version should feel somehow slighted. Makes no sense to me. Its not like Sideshow makes a second version while at the same time sneaking into your house and destroying the first thus forcing you to buy the second. Its very whinny.

At the price point of these particular collectibles, you'd figure everything was done right the first time around. These aren't action figures made in unlimited quantities. You figure that they'd stick to the edition size of that character (in that format) and move on to something else.

I personally wouldn't want 2 lifesize busts of my favorite character. I want the best representation possible. What incentive would I have as a collector knowing that Sideshow can and will double dip on a character at any given time. It's a scary thing. I don't have that kind of money to double dip getting the same characters in the same formats over and over again. I would feel slighted because I spent my hard earned money on an inferior representation of the character the first time around. Has nothing to do with the secondary market.

At the price point of these particular collectibles, you'd figure everything was done right the first time around. These aren't action figures made in unlimited quantities. You figure that they'd stick to the edition size of that character (in that format) and move on to something else.

I personally wouldn't want 2 lifesize busts of my favorite character. I want the best representation possible. What incentive would I have as a collector knowing that Sideshow can and will double dip on a character at any given time. It's a scary thing. I don't have that kind of money to double dip getting the same characters in the same formats over and over again. I would feel slighted because I spent my hard earned money on an inferior representation of the character the first time around. Has nothing to do with the secondary market.

Absolutely can not understand your stance. Makes less sense to me than quantum physics. Bummer you feel that way though.

I don'y mind another 1:1 Venom bust but aren't there other characters that Sideshow should do first?

That's pretty much how I feel. I saw over a SF a guy who painted up a custom 1:1 Daredevil bust and I was blown away by it. I can't imagine what it looks like in person. It only made me want a 1:1 DD even more now.

Its the collector's mentality i guess.

I mean when you think of cars of laptops no one seems to harp that things get better for the same price.

To be honest, I'd rather not have a hobby be all about $$.

More variety = more ppl can enjoy - WIN in my books.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

I'm getting this vibe:

Ultimate_Venom.jpg

and that is awesome. Never was a fan of the first Venom and this one will fit the bill perfectly. :D

don't keep your hopes up its better.. they might show you a fancy pic.. but when you get it it will be hollow like a piggy bank.. Original is as heavy as the Hulk PF. Paint is incredibly realistic.. Sideshow don't roll like that anymore.. Paint will be flat and problematic. Guarantee you.. Not to mention a bloated ES..

Go ahead and take the bait losers and try and be like me, not happening.

So with Carnage and now Venom and a Green Goblin in the works I wonder if we will get another Spidey?

I'm hoping for another Spidey. The 1:1s before were lame IMHO, looked strange and looking at their LSB in both red and black are far superior.

don't keep your hopes up its better.. they might show you a fancy pic.. but when you get it it will be hollow like a piggy bank.. Original is as heavy as the Hulk PF. Paint is incredibly realistic.. Sideshow don't roll like that anymore.. Paint will be flat and problematic. Guarantee you.. Not to mention a bloated ES..

Go ahead and take the bait losers and try and be like me, not happening.

WHERE IS ANGEL?????

I like turtles.

Back