Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dome, dome,dome , dome dee dome, dome dee dome..... Curing in the closet
image_zpsccqaii5c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Quick update , all the above domes are to be scrapped as we are having major issues with gloss varnishes. We used to use Vallejo acrylic resin spray but ran out, we did find another supply but have found the gloss varnish peels off!!, we use war hammer chaos black ( we suspect has recently had a change in its make up) as the acrylic varnish won't adhere. We've tried Vallejo polyurethane over the black , same problem. Tamiya x-13 clear is more trouble than it's worth as it takes so long to harden. Tonight we have tried a coat of Vallejo air black then the varnish and hopefully this solves the issue ...... We have also on order alclad 2 Aqua gloss and liquitex hi gloss varnish. Sorry for this delay but it effects all domes including Hydeous' finished vaders dome ( we designed a new some for all vaders and replaced his with the new style) . H says 'bring back 'ard coat' anyone has any other ideas please let us ( me) know......
S x

Problem solved, it seems the games workshop chaos black has had its make up altered , as we have these different looking cans from usual .... The Vallejo varnishes will not bond to this, however (UK people) halfords clear laquer will. The Vallejo works fine on army painter base coat black with no issues.
Results shown. S x
image_zpsevwc05nc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So when will these be ready or for sale?

We have a list of about eight under construction this done issue has been a real pain as it has also impacted on the paint apps on the masks, luckily we detected the problem before any masks were gloss coated.all parts for the list have been cast so just a case of constructing and finishing each helmet, the major time consumer is the metal parts of the neck brace ....

Curious... but could unpainted kit be sold? No body, clothing etc? Just helmet and bits? again curious.

First batch of replacement helmets well on their way to completetion, we have made a new mold for the Esb versions(still curing) all our mask start out as ESB then altered to either ANh or Jedi. All mask too have full brow and crown details .we may create ones which omit this and also can have the neck brace omitted too, as at this point all helmets have neck braces which are fiddly and time intensive.These masks have been brush paint and are yet to have the characteristic scratches and wear marks added.
image_zpsv0zu0hea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

we may create ones which omit this and also can have the neck brace omitted too, as at this point all helmets have neck braces which are fiddly and time intensive.

I have always wondered if the addition of a neck brace negatively affects how the mask sits on the head for most Vader figures. Both of the sideshow figures have helmets that sit too high and I wonder if the neck brace is part of the reason. After all, the movie prop did not ever have a neck brace..I think?

I have always wondered if the addition of a neck brace negatively affects how the mask sits on the head for most Vader figures. Both of the sideshow figures have helmets that sit too high and I wonder if the neck brace is part of the reason. After all, the movie prop did not ever have a neck brace..I think?

Only times the brace is seen us Esb meditation capsule, and jedi 'reveal scene' and errr the sith movie one when the whingey burnt Anakin gets suited up. Should we abandon it? Except when requested?
S x

I vote yes. I am in favor of prop accuracy over catering to the reveal feature...especially if the neck brace could mess up the placement of the helmet on the body.

Back