Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Sorry been MIA for a while with work and managed to miss my last 3 update calls with Hurricane.

BUT....i do have a semi-useful update

VADER LIVES!

Al's Vader is now packed up, everything is being double checked and triple checked to make sure everything is there, accurate as the real deal and fittzed and fuddled until it all looks right :)

The other Vaders are progressing on, sadly i have no pic's as Hurricane's camera is on the blitz atm.

As soon as he gets some pics i'll be posting them here...

And as soon as Al's ships, i'll be contacting you with tracking details!

I know this isnt much different to the last 10 updates i've given you, and i'm sorry about that. Sadly Real Life is getting in the way of a "once a week" update. I will get onto Hurricane again over the weekend and see if he's gotten some pic's!

Until then, mad doc must get back to work....

Doc

Its 2012 now, I suppose all of us should have a phone with camera functions by now?

Regardless, thanks for the updates even though there's not a whole lot of news for most of us.

Question for anyone who might have one of Hurricane's 1/6 Vader figures. For some reason, the cathode saber on mine no longer lights up. The lights on the chest box and belt boxes work fine, but the saber is dead. I took the glove off and checked that the plug was connected and it is so I don't know what else it could be. Is there a battery somewhere in the figure that might need to be replaced?

Hey guys,

Sorry i havent had time to give you an update, I've had so little time to myself of late is frightening.

I have been on, and kept myself up to date best as i can, but i am aware that my update schedule has slipped greatly...

I am waiting on a shipping confirm from Glenn on VaderAl's lot, once i get it, i shall forward it out.

Ultraanimator's lot is on the bench being constructed, as are the others (list of names escapes me right now)

Glenn has been working hard on a new type of lighting rig for the belt boxes and chest along with constant refinement and re-tooling of parts to match the screen used suit/props.

Keep your chins up lads, things are coming together. Its just taking time to get there

I have to ask all of you who are waiting on work to please sound off in here with what you are waiting on, please dont PM me as I get very little time to check PM's. I am compiling my own checklist of people so i can mark off who's has been shipped and who's waiting so i can get a 100% clear record of current progress. I have a feeling i've asked this before, but with a half-dozen computer wipes i cant find a list, so i am asking again.

Regards

Doc

P.S. To answer Abake's question, Glenn's Vader's are quite frankly miniature versions of the screen used suit, built from reference materials collected over the years of building a full scale screen accurate Vader suit. Sideshows ANH Vader, while nice, is no where near accurate in either design or scale. As for the new deluxe version, i haven't seen enough up-close shots of it to do an comparison.

But unfortunately, the RotS deluxe helmet, the unpainted Anakin head and metal tusks for the ANH bits that were part of my order were not included. I tried sending a PM but your mailbox is full, Steph. Please message me to resolve these missing parts of my order. Thanks!

Here's my message from 2/28/10, almost 2 1/2 years ago.

still waiting on RotS deluxe helmet, the unpainted Anakin head and metal tusks

Hey guys,

Sorry i havent had time to give you an update, I've had so little time to myself of late is frightening.

I have been on, and kept myself up to date best as i can, but i am aware that my update schedule has slipped greatly...

I am waiting on a shipping confirm from Glenn on VaderAl's lot, once i get it, i shall forward it out.

Ultraanimator's lot is on the bench being constructed, as are the others (list of names escapes me right now)

Glenn has been working hard on a new type of lighting rig for the belt boxes and chest along with constant refinement and re-tooling of parts to match the screen used suit/props.

Keep your chins up lads, things are coming together. Its just taking time to get there

I have to ask all of you who are waiting on work to please sound off in here with what you are waiting on, please dont PM me as I get very little time to check PM's. I am compiling my own checklist of people so i can mark off who's has been shipped and who's waiting so i can get a 100% clear record of current progress. I have a feeling i've asked this before, but with a half-dozen computer wipes i cant find a list, so i am asking again.

Regards

Doc

P.S. To answer Abake's question, Glenn's Vader's are quite frankly miniature versions of the screen used suit, built from reference materials collected over the years of building a full scale screen accurate Vader suit. Sideshows ANH Vader, while nice, is no where near accurate in either design or scale. As for the new deluxe version, i haven't seen enough up-close shots of it to do an comparison.

Oh, I wasn't doubting Hurricane's Vader's accuracy, and Sideshow's flaws are well documented... it was just a matter of curiosity. As I posted somewhere else, for such a highly regarded and much sought-after figure, I've seen very few pics of it, and I'd love to see some in-depth reviews.

Back