Statue Uruk-Hai General Helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that's a cheap looking helm IMO.
Looks like there's no metal shine at all.

That is BS, just look at the pic below.

Looks ok. They should have compared it next to the berserker helmet with is a much cleaner helmet. Not the legion helmet. The berserker helmet doesn't have any 'metal shine' either. I have the complete collection, so I'll be happy to add this one to it.

:goodpost:

Here's a pic (courtesy of Fréaláf at the Shadow and Flame) that has the Uruk-hai General helm next to two other Uruk helms:

Helm-UrukGeneral09.jpg

Helm-UrukGeneral10.jpg

You cannot tell the difference just by looking at these helms. Sure, there's a different feel to it, but visually it's just like the old line.

I don't know. I have a couple of the general helms in hand right now.
And non of them can really convince me when I compare them to the old helms.

That's a great pic. I've had many of the helms over the years and when on the shelf you cannot tell at all. Point being this helm kicks ass :rock

All Uruk helms so far didn't have that metal shine so I'll be doing my final judgement with the next helm, which is hopefully Irolas, Fountain Guard Captain or Theodred. As for the general's helm I won't keep it indeed. Profit will be invested in some cold steel (Theoden sword maybe). =)

To be honest, the colour looks lighter than other helms, and if i'm not happy with it myself when i get it, i won't keep it ;)

I think you'll be very happy with the helm, my friend. The finish is dead-on exact to the metal ones. The only possible negative is the lightweight plastic it is made of. The base is the only thing with heft. The helm itself weighs hardly anything.

Well I was shocked today when I opened my email and saw that my wait list for this helm got converted and got a shipping notice! This is the first time I ever got anything converted off of the wait list, so those who are on the list watch out!

I just got this and wow I love it. I've never felt an old helm so maybe I don't know what the difference is in terms of weight. But this piece is awesome and I may just buy me some more of these.

...The fact that its made of plastic does somewhat rub me the wrong way, though. It's not a deal-breaker but I have to admit that I'm still a little disappointed. I would imagine it would be comparable to getting the new Barad-Dur environment piece in light-weight molded plastic but at the same price point of a polystone one...

:panic::lecture:horror:lol

Finally got to see mine today! :panic:

Opened it up, and was very impressed! It isn't shiny or too bright at all like i thought it would be, maybe the flash on some photos gave me that impression!

It's very detailed and looks fantastic. I was in two minds whether to keep it, but i dunno now...... or do i....... :dunno

Opened mine today to take pics for a review and I'm very impressed with the details of it. Its as I've said before a nice way to start the helm line back up.

Back