Statue Uruk-Hai General Helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I got it in a few days ago and I have to say I am disappointed.

I own EVERY helm in the line including the Witch King crown. So this was a no-brainer for me and I was very excited not only to see this release but also because it looked like the helms would be returning in a big way.

The difference in material is HUGE. There is no weight to this thing AT ALL. One of the cool things about the mini-helm line is the fact that they are all METAL and you could feel the weight of them in your hand.

This thing honestly feels like a cheap piece of plastic.

I'm really bummed out by this. I LOVE the mini-helms and this thing is seriously a stomach-punch. I would have gladly paid another 50 dollars to get this in metal.

Another WTF moment from Weta.

I really hope ANYONE who has Daniel Falconer's ear tells him this is a horrible, horrible mistake. They would have sold this out in a few hours even at 100 bucks but you need to make this metal, what we got this time around is a travesty. :(

This has me very concerned.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. The photos do look great so I'm hoping that the choice of material won't be a let-down for me.

I couldn't care less about them not being Metal. I got mine today and its as quality as any of the helms I had before.

Saw this at the con and thought it looked cool..not metal?...not interested.

And there's the problem. It looks cool? Great, stick it on your display shelf and be happy with how good it looks next to the others. I don't hold my collectibles so I wouldn't notice what it, or anything else I have, weighs.

And there's the problem. It looks cool? Great, stick it on your display shelf and be happy with how good it looks next to the others. I don't hold my collectibles so I wouldn't notice what it, or anything else I have, weighs.

Yup. You can't tell what it's made out of by looking at it. Some people just have to make every excuse in the world when they pass on an item. Do you guys hold these in your lap?? It's an art piece. The details are there right down to the paint detail. Display it and look at it. That's what it is meant for.

Yup. You can't tell what it's made out of by looking at it. Some people just have to make every excuse in the world when they pass on an item. Do you guys hold these in your lap?? It's an art piece. The details are there right down to the paint detail. Display it and look at it. That's what it is meant for.

:exactly::goodpost:

Mine arrived today and it fits right in with my other helms on the shelves. Impossible to tell visually that the material is different from the original line's.

The fact that its made of plastic does somewhat rub me the wrong way, though. It's not a deal-breaker but I have to admit that I'm still a little disappointed. I would imagine it would be comparable to getting the new Barad-Dur environment piece in light-weight molded plastic but at the same price point of a polystone one.

By the way, I'm not sure if it's a flaw but the eye cutouts on mine appeared to be off-centered. Comparing it to my SS/Weta Berserker helm, which has the eyes centered, you can definitely see a difference.*

*Disclaimer: I know that the orcs under Orthanc were not the best in following factory blue-prints, but the difference is quite noticeable.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the next piece in the line shall be. Keep 'em comin'!

...Yes

Also, make sure to keep any oscillating fans turned off in you display room. With that large blade at the top, I can see this helm taking flight...

;)

Material is still a quality issue.
It's like buying your wedding rings made of steel with gold plating instead of 24k gold.

Mine arrived today and it fits right in with my other helms on the shelves. Impossible to tell visually that the material is different from the original line's.

The fact that its made of plastic does somewhat rub me the wrong way, though. It's not a deal-breaker but I have to admit that I'm still a little disappointed. I would imagine it would be comparable to getting the new Barad-Dur environment piece in light-weight molded plastic but at the same price point of a polystone one.

By the way, I'm not sure if it's a flaw but the eye cutouts on mine appeared to be off-centered. Comparing it to my SS/Weta Berserker helm, which has the eyes centered, you can definitely see a difference.*

*Disclaimer: I know that the orcs under Orthanc were not the best in following factory blue-prints, but the difference is quite noticeable.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the next piece in the line shall be. Keep 'em comin'!
Do you mean off centered left - right?? If so, i think it just appears that way cuz of the hand print. Optical illusion type thing.

I thought so too but it's like both eyes are shifted to the right, when looking at it straight on and the left eye is a little higher than the right. Now that I look at it again, it may not be the eyes that are off but the side armor that are not symetrical, giving that impression. It's no big deal, though. It still looks cool.

Back