Action Figure UPDATED:Custom Nostromo Kane : FINISHED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED:HT Nostromo Kane : Fabric Spacesuit (Suit 100% Done! Kane Head Coming Soo

This is absolutely amazing. Not only is your meticulous work better made and detailed than the original it fits and looks so much more natural.

I like how it conforms to the body and everything. I never really gave the HT ones a second look but your suit is a treat to marvel at.

Re: UPDATED:HT Nostromo Kane : Fabric Spacesuit (Suit 100% Done! Kane Head Coming Soo

Hey guys. Had to take a break from the hobby for a bit to concentrate on work and life. Then I hear that Moebius passed away and decided that I would finish up the Kane figure in tribute.

So to that end: here is kowl (for a lack of a better term). It is the headpiece that Kane wears under the dome helmet.

cowl.jpg

Made pretty much from scratch. The only thing lifted from the HT HS are the round ear pieces on the sides.

I also decided to make a wire frame underneath so that I can adjust the shape around the headsculpt to give it a snug look.

Next update should be with the Kane HS inside.

Can't believe it's been a year since I worked on this.

Tin

Re: UPDATED:HT Nostromo Kane : Fabric Spacesuit (One Year Later!)

That... is... um, wow. How do you-- ah, whatever. I'll just have to accept that you're one of the most talented customizers on this board.

Re: UPDATED:HT Nostromo Kane : Fabric Spacesuit (One Year Later!)

Here's the unpainted final Kane headsculpt -wearing the cowl. It's kinda cool cause he looks like a Moebius drawing with that bluish face.

kane_head.jpg

Re: UPDATED:HT Nostromo Kane : Fabric Spacesuit - KANE UNPAINTED HS - with head gear

Thanks Blade! Feels good to work on this again. I should have the finished figure by Saturday.

Re: UPDATED:HT Nostromo Kane : Fabric Spacesuit - KANE UNPAINTED HS - with head gear

My goodness!
Fantastic work there. :clap

Simply incredible work. Truly inspiring.:clap

Simply mindblowing!! Will you be selling the Kane headsculpt??

Absolutely stunning! Haven't looked at your new suit yet (need to trawl, hate trawling), but the helmet liner is fantastic, and that sculpt--even before paint--is Kane!
"...and get some better food! (burp)"

An outrageous pisser that the original suit rotted, given the price of these HT figures. I believe that's wrong rubber mix.

Be back with more plaudits when I've had a trawl. Top work!

Wow man, the cowl and headsculpt look amazing! You really did everything to the highest level possible on this custom; we should all be bowing down before you on this one!

:bow :bow :bow :bow

Absolutely BRILLIANT tinister. This is DEFINITELY one of the sharpest, coolest customs I've ever seen. Bravo! :clap "bow :bow :bow

Wahey! Here he is! Been dying to see your Kane head sculpt and I must say it doesn't disappoint, amazing. The cowl is an awesome touch. :clap

Thanks for all the compliments guys!:hi5:

There was a functional reason to make the cowl fabric. A rigid sculpted head that is to scale with the body - with sculped cowl is almost impossible to fit into the helmet. If you look at the original HT heads - they compensated for this in three ways:

1) They scaled the heads overall smaller in relation to the bodies
2) If you look at the heads from the side they sculpted them so that the backs of the heads are somewhat concaved. They had to do this so that the back wall of the helmet wouldn't force the heads to bend forward. The result are heads that look a little odd shaped on the side (too bullet shaped).
3) They made extra high necks.

I didn't want to do any of this - especially scaling down the head. So a fabric cowl allows the shape of the hs to be flat in the back - but not noticeable since I can fill in that space under the cowl with stuffing. Then when the head is in the helmet - it can be scrunched back against the back wall so the head won't be forced down in the front.

This way - the head doesn't look odd shaped on the sides when Kane has his helmet off.

Here is a few quick shots of my hs in the helmet.

Another reason I wanted a fabric cowl is that it reflects light in a better way than a sculpted one. You can see how a properly scaled head really pulls everything together.

nostromo-kane-1.jpg
nostromo-kane-2.jpg
nostromo-kane-3.jpg

Last edited:

Simply amazing! Now more importantly, please sell! :)

Absolutely incredible work. Can't wait to see it all painted up.

Back