Uncle Chewie's CUSTOM Chop Shop!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its gonna be chuffin brilliant. But I think you need to give it its own thread. Its too good to be hid away.
Can not wait to see more pics.

Thanks guys!
Prog- the suit is pretty stiff. I just painted straight on to the fabric, no mixing. This was just a test run to see how it would look. That's why I either want to RIT dye the other flight suit I have or just use a green or tan flight suit if I can find one.
Chaka- Definately give it a go. All of the parts are fairly easy to come by. The helmet is the only tough part. I'll just use the liner from the inside of an Endor helmet for the time being, maybe modify it a little bit. Was thinking of trying to sculpt one but that might be a little tough.. lots of little detail in them.

I'll start a thread on this guy once I have a little more progress..

150px-B-wing_helmet.jpg

is this what its supposed to look like, then with a hood underneith? Wonder if we could knock one up and reproduce it for everyone? the really only hard part might be the yellow visor.

i think i could scratch the main frame out, but reproducing it, probably not as I've never casted before. but it would be a fun group project, but I've flaked on stuff before........

Rebel pilot group project!! haha that would be awesome. I might make a mold and cast up a few of the chest boxes if anyone is interested in them once Im done....no promises, just a maybe.

Prog- I think the b wing pilot helmet is slightly different but it's basically that helmet in the pic with the cap underneath, yes. The visor might be able to be sculpted to the shape you need and then casted in clear/ yellow translucent resin.
chest box so far. still needs to be painted and a couple more bits added.
awinger004.jpg

awinger005.jpg

I'm in Ryan,
I am well up for this. I think we could all end up with amazing customs and we all help each other out. I have 3 flight suits for the kitty.

Here is some info I have found, I hope it helps us all.

B-WING PILOT (Episode VI ROTJ)
Required Items:

Red flightsuit with open collar, correct arm pockets (code cylinder pocket on upper left arm, rectangular pocket with a flap closure on upper right arm), and thigh pockets (upper set required, lower set optional). No visible zippers or snaps.
Tan mid-calf spats with a single strap over black boots. (No lace up boots.)
White ejection harness (legs split at waist) and web belt, all 2” wide.
Scoop-necked black or dark grey flak vest with two ribs above chest box, black shoulder buckles, and white side strapping.
Accurately sized silver/white/light grey chest box with with accurate decoration (buttons, knobs, pieces etc.) and white cloth-covered hose attached from box to back of flak vest. Black shoulder straps attach it to flak vest.
Code cylinders in left shoulder pocket. Two minimum, three maximum
Black gauntlet-style gloves

Thanks for the details! Pics of these guys are so hard to come by - A-Wing pilots too! I've had an A-Wing pilot on my eventual list of figures to make for quite a while. Main problem has been the helmet.

Now are we sure about the helmet for the B-Wing pilot there? I was just at the Star Wars Concert and Lucasfilm had a "B-Wing" helmet on display; this one from their blog:
3982214958_fdc49b99e6.jpg

...which would match the one the vintage figure has. I can post more shots of my own once I get them processed on my home computer.

Here is some info I have found, I hope it helps us all.

B-WING PILOT (Episode VI ROTJ)
Required Items:

Red flightsuit with open collar, correct arm pockets (code cylinder pocket on upper left arm, rectangular pocket with a flap closure on upper right arm), and thigh pockets (upper set required, lower set optional). No visible zippers or snaps.
Tan mid-calf spats with a single strap over black boots. (No lace up boots.)
White ejection harness (legs split at waist) and web belt, all 2” wide.
Scoop-necked black or dark grey flak vest with two ribs above chest box, black shoulder buckles, and white side strapping.
Accurately sized silver/white/light grey chest box with with accurate decoration (buttons, knobs, pieces etc.) and white cloth-covered hose attached from box to back of flak vest. Black shoulder straps attach it to flak vest.
Code cylinders in left shoulder pocket. Two minimum, three maximum
Black gauntlet-style gloves

Very cool guys!
I've been loosely basing the design of the chest box on those pics Dorgs posted. I think as long as it's the basic shape and similar design it should look okay. I m not really going with to much "screen accuracy" on anything, just trying to use parts I have. That way it's a little easier to make and for others to make as well.

There is a lot of variation and "artistic liberties" that can be taken with these pilots. As long as they have some sort of vest, chest box and jump suit they can pass as a Rebel Pilot basically.

Really not sure about the x wing jumpsuit... has a weird fight, too tight. Would like to find something that is more loose fitting. I've looked at a lot of 1/6 ww2 and modern jumpsuits that are pretty cool but arent the right color and dont want to have to bleach the color out then dye it. I wouldnt mind using a different color, maybe a green or grey jumpsuit...kind of like the ones in the pics Dorgs posted

check this link. good basic design of the Bwing suit/ gear.
https://images.google.com/imgres?im...=1&tbnid=qTJNKxLXXBWr2M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=96&pre

B winger
Photo_091509_010.jpg

more pics here
https://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/HazardThree/General%2520Misc%25204%2520Posts/B-WingPilotTenNumb2.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D252652%26sid%3D9982f574685fe15ee2a376996da43c13&usg=__6nsdHXDD3ciybth1v1UHbRToGrM=&h=610&w=456&sz=100&hl=en&start=20&um=1&tbnid=zIvF5vHntx1OlM:&tbnh=136&tbnw=102&prev=/images%3Fq%3Db%2Bwing%2Bpilot%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF-8

heres a pic of the various helmets...
attachment.php

we could make something based on those designs... more of a "fanfic" design? trying to think of something easy to make that wouldnt require too much sculpting...maybe just modifying a modern flight helmet, glue some dewdads on the ears, add a couple of wires etc. Idk.

Last edited:
sooo... roughly sculpted a "helmet" on a trash sculpt I had lying around. Its definately feasible... not sure how far my sculpting talent goes though. The shape isnt really accurate, I just did this in about 5 minutes. sure if I spent some time on it I might be able to get it down to a good shape etc. could just sculpt the helmet onto the head then make a mold of the whole thing then just dremel the head away from the helmet and make a final mold and cast of the actual helmet.
awingerhelm005.jpg

awingerhelm004.jpg

Back