Ugnaught; the pig faced boy- WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Here's a guy I started yesterday. I'm not sure what body would work best for him... but thinking maybe the Sideshow Hobbit, or DiD youth. The head is about 1/2 the size of a standard one so it should work for the little guy.

Anyway, just a head for now; but I know Ugnaught gear is on Vivisect's "to do" list.

ugnaughta.jpg

Looks good for now, although I can't say I remember what they look like.... :lol

I should watch ESB again sometime, it is the anniversary year after all!

looks good so far.

Just curious, how long does it take you to sculpt one of those, to completion?

This one was pretty fast... probably around 2 hours. I started and finished up to this point last night.

Other's I've spent more time on... but the Ugnaughts have a lot of different appearances and honestly look like they were made out of paper mache; so accuracy wasn't a biggie :lol

A couple more images:

On a stand-in Hobbit Body:​
ugnaughtc.jpg

And with Weequay for a size comparison... the Hobbit body (at least as-is) may be too tall.
Mego bodies are another option.​
ugnaughtb.jpg

Nice work, once again, GB! :rock

Here's a pic for size reference. According to the internets, Fisher is only 5' 1".

Great picture Batty! Yeah, the Hobbit body is too tall.

I will eventually need to add more hair on the back of his head, but didn't want to do anything until I figured out what kind of body I'm going to use.

I'll try him on a Mego... that will probably be better; and cheaper :lol

And thanks Coco :duff We'll see how far the pig army spreads. Today Stillwater, tomorrow the world!!! :lol

I tried a mego body back when I did mine & wasn't too happy with it.Thought it was too small & not stocky enough to pass for a 1/6 scale midget.
The end result for me was taking a hasbro gi joe body,cutting sections of the arms,legs,& torso down & glueing them back together making it obviously shorter & stubby.

Awesome pigboy GB, did you try the mixture of the super sculpeys?

Why yes I did :hi5:

It seemed to work a lot better than just the firm or super.

I tried a mego body back when I did mine & wasn't too happy with it.Thought it was too small & not stocky enough to pass for a 1/6 scale midget.
The end result for me was taking a hasbro gi joe body,cutting sections of the arms,legs,& torso down & glueing them back together making it obviously shorter & stubby.

Do you have any pics of yours... I don't remember seeing it.

Excellent work GB, loving him so far.. I think you guys are unstoppable atm and its great!! So much amazing stuff coming from everywhere.

Kuato, what can you tell use about sculpting in wax!!

Do you have any pics of yours... I don't remember seeing it.
Sure do:D
DSC00208.jpg

Here is the original thread
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64037

This is one project that I've wanted to go back & revisit...do a little touch up here & there.I was wanting to do a 2nd but proceded to the next project after calling him done.

You've made a really good start on your's.As you mentioned,I don't think any 2 looked alike.It would be really cool to have a crew of these little pig b@st@rds

That's great... and turns out I did see it as I posted :lol Well now I have a high mark to aspire to :hi5:

Anyway, just a head for now; but I know Ugnaught gear is on Vivisect's "to do" list.

Yes he is, even if nobody else wanted some pig people I would.:lol

I think having the stones to play keep a way from a Wookie means they deserve to made into 1/6 scale figures.:stooge

I'll try him on a Mego... that will probably be better; and cheaper :lol

I just finished that job for Zica Toys recently and they let me keep the figure body they sent me, which is Mego sized but their own design which is a much better figure all around, its more like a tiny later GI Joe. If I remember right, when they start selling them which is hopefully not to far off, they will be around $10 for a nude figure with 3 sets of hands. They told me it was cool to post pictures of it so I will do that today.

For not being bulky enough, thats solved really easy with a simple fat suit, well mabee a pudgy suit, or just some exra cloth wrapped around a few spots which is easy to mess with till you get the look you want. But even then in most pictures of them they are not really that fat, I think the fact they are wearing a few layers of clothes (suit,apron and such) and being short just makes them look pudgy, but there arms look fairly normal.

I like the idea of chopping up some of the GI Joe Hall of Fame bodies (jointed arm versions) Hasbro used for most of the star wars line, for the odd alien body here and there, I have a ton of them and for some reason never thought they would be of any use.

Enaud should cast his up at some point, having one with your head and one with his would make a great pair, or even better a diorama of the keep away scene with all that junk and droid parts all over:drool ...OK, I just came up with another reason to make myself a good chewbacca. :)

I like the idea of chopping up some of the GI Joe Hall of Fame bodies (jointed arm versions) Hasbro used for most of the star wars line, for the odd alien body here and there, I have a ton of them and for some reason never thought they would be of any use.

Enaud should cast his up at some point, having one with your head and one with his would make a great pair, or even better a diorama of the keep away scene with all that junk and droid parts all over:drool ...OK, I just came up with another reason to make myself a good chewbacca. :)

I have an assload of those bodies as well.I basicly upgraded my hasbro SW stuff with the better articulate & proportioned GI Joe bodies...classic collection I think they were called at some time?...same bodies the last few SW hasbro releases had.
It was one of those that I chopped down for Ugnaught.

I had thought about casting the head but becuase of the body issue I wasn't sure if people would be interested.

Here's an update on the sculpting of this guy... added some extra hair to him. Still not sure what we'll end up with, but he's kind of fun looking :lol

ugnaughtd.jpg

Back