UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rua looked shattered not even midway through the 1st round! But man Jones is a talent. Gutted for Rua, I don't think we saw the true shogun tonight though.
Gotta disagree. He was simply overmatched. Shogun couldn't stop the takedown, couldn't do anything off his back, and had no answer for the size and reach advantage. Shogun loses 9/10 fights against JBJ....

Rua looked shattered not even midway through the 1st round! But man Jones is a talent. Gutted for Rua, I don't think we saw the true shogun tonight though.

I think we did. I just think we saw a Jones that was far better.

Styles make fights.

And Jones is faster, stronger, a better wrestler, and pretty even in terms of striking with Shogun. Matter of fact, I don't think there is one thing Shogun does better than Bones.

Maybe being fat?

I think we did. I just think we saw a Jones that was far better.

Styles make fights.

And Jones is faster, stronger, a better wrestler, and pretty even in terms of striking with Shogun. Matter of fact, I don't think there is one thing Shogun does better than Bones.

Maybe being fat?

Come on now. Lets not get out of hand. Shogun's Portuguese is obviously one thing that he has better than Jones.

Lyoto is at home drinking his piss and celebrating.

So after Jones destroys Rashad, who is next? Rampage? Forest? Mr. Wonderful? Brock Lesnar (I know brock is a HW)? 2 vs 1 matches?

Come on now. Lets not get out of hand. Shogun's Portuguese is obviously one thing that he has better than Jones.

Lyoto is at home drinking his piss and celebrating.

So after Jones destroys Rashad, who is next? Rampage? Forest? Mr. Wonderful? Brock Lesnar (I know brock is a HW)? 2 vs 1 matches?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol:lol

Just have to say:

Congrats to the new champ! :bunnydanc:winner, never doubted him, and I don't care that all these gifs slow down the page.

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

jon3-1.gif

jon2-1.gif

jon1-1.gif

wp82h.gif

2nk47ps.gif

:goodpost: caught the re-run last night. I wish they would show more of his training, but I imagine he might not want that.

Tonight, I got:

Jones- TKO w/ GnP
Faber- Sub
J.Miller-Decision
Nate- TKO
Schaub-KO

Same picks for me. Main event is too hard to call. Shogun could take it. Would not be surprised by a second round knock out.

5/5 ain't bad :hi5:, too bad I was waaay off on the finishes :slap

I'm taking Rashad vs. Jones : )

I said it months ago, I'm saying it again. Rashad will win the LHW title. Again.

:dunno You did watch what Jones did to Shogun right? And you saw what Shogun did to Machida? And you saw what Machida did to Rashad? And you saw Rashad squeak a victory over a rusty Rampage..... Get the ____ out of here.

To azurepred.... we need a jones elbowing shogun gif.

Everytime Rua loses it's not the real "him". That excuse is getting old.

I'm just saying what I saw. I'm not a big enough MMA fan to even remember when Rua last lost a fight! He just looked tired to me and I think we can all agree he is a better fighter than what we witnessed? I'm not biased towards him or anything even though it must seem it :lol

:dunno You did watch what Jones did to Shogun right? And you saw what Shogun did to Machida? And you saw what Machida did to Rashad? And you saw Rashad squeak a victory over a rusty Rampage..... Get the ____ out of here.

To azurepred.... we need a jones elbowing shogun gif.

yep, im behind on the collection. I don't like rashad, I hope Jones finishes what Rampage couldn't. Easily my most anticipated card of the year was this one, but I wasnt as nervous as I thought I would be for Jones.

You get the _____ out of here.

Using MMAMath again?

:lol:lol:lol

Do I really need to use that ridiculous logic to show you some equally ridiculous examples? Never use "he/she beat him, who beat her, so that means they can beat..." crap in any type of sports discussion. It never works and only serves...well...it doesn't "serve" anything.

Styles. Make. Fights.

Last edited:
He just lost to a superior fighter. Doesn't mean he's a scrub.

I think we can all agree he is a better fighter than what we witnessed?

I don't. He looked great until Jones started beating his ass, THEN he looked inferior. I would still pick Rua over Evans, Machida and probably even over Rampage now too. He just lost to a better fighter. It happens.

MMAMath Fails:

Wandy > Rampage x2, Rampage > Chuck x2, so Wandy > Chuck? Nope.

Fedor > Big Nog x2, Big Nog > Werdum, Fedor > Werdum? Hell No.

Styles make fights.

Now with that said, I'm talking Bones over Rashad. Bones has all the same tools as Rashad (Striking, Great TD's, Wrestling, Speed) except Bones' striking is more unpredictable and his ground game (subs, top game) is better IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah Shogun is still a bad ass dude, he just couldnt handle the size, strenght, and power of Jon. It was over in rnd 1 for Shogun.

Yes I agree, Jon will do the same thing to Rashad. Jon is just to dynamic of a striker who implements his wrestling to set up his dynamic striking. Not just the typical take down/GnP like "regular" wrestlers.

ha ha ha, yeah I didnt want to say it, but yeah like Rashad. I will say for a wrestler though hes got better hands than most. His striking has come along way, but again no where near Jons skill level.

I would love to see Bones vs Spider! Either Bones lose the lbs or Spider gain the lbs. Would be an interesting fight.

Back