UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an exciting fight but Anderson Silva beats Nick Diaz by unanimous decision.
Diaz was bruised up and got a nice cut and shiner under his left eye.
Good to see them both fight again but neither one are ready for Chris Weidman or top notch fighters yet.

What fight were those judges watching? 50-45, 50-45 and 49-46??????

I think the judges this time got the scores right.
I think Anderson won all rounds, and if nick won any, it's just one round.
He didn't do jack.
When his punches were connecting, he'll lay off, and waste time.
He never really hurt silva.
Sure he tagged him a couple of times, but then backs off and let silva steal the rounds.

Weidman had success cause he continually stalked silva, and even when silva was doing his taunts, he didn't stand there like a deer
In the headlights, he still attacked him.

So Weidman is injured, which means his fight with Vitor is off. The UFC offered Vitor a fight with Machida for an interim title and.. he refused. LOLZ.

Do you think Diaz was better than the scorecard?
I thought it was 49-46 Silva from what I saw.
Diaz looked so slow and Silva,although did not do it near enough ,hit him with a bunch of jabs.

So Weidman is injured, which means his fight with Vitor is off. The UFC offered Vitor a fight with Machida for an interim title and.. he refused. LOLZ.

So many of these guys,except Weidman,are on the backside of their careers.
I think Machida made a big mistake by turning down the fight.

Do you think Diaz was better than the scorecard?
I thought it was 49-46 Silva from what I saw.
Diaz looked so slow and Silva,although did not do it near enough ,hit him with a bunch of jabs.

I think Nick did enough to win at least 1 round from all of the judges.....but it definitely wasn't his usual punches in bunches type of fight.

I thought Nick won 1, and maybe even round 2. He slowed down quite a bit as the fight went on. His smack talk was pretty entertaining.

It's clear, however, that Anderson isn't the same fight her anymore.

Unless Weidman broke a rib, it shouldn't take any longer than a month to heal a busted rib. I don't see why any interim title is needed in the situation. It's such a meaningless title anyways.

I had silva winning the last 4 rounds. I know nick is trying to be entertaining, but he started being very tentative once Silva started to open up and I'm sure it didn't help when Silva was just walking into his punches and kicks.

Anderson Silva is a counter striker. Nick Diaz is a counter striker. Both guys really only use offensive striking (along with smack talking and antics) to get their opponents to engage so they can counter.

I think Nick did enough to win at least 1 round from all of the judges.....but it definitely wasn't his usual punches in bunches type of fight.

I agree with that.
I was curious because a few posts above you thought the judges got it wrong? :huh
Maybe I'm missing something.

Thank you, I kept saying that and people kept calling me stupid...Im like set your bias aside for Nick and look at the fight as a whole. Plus this is one of those situations where to judge on damage doesn't work because Nick is a bleeder and always
cuts easy.

Anderson Silva is a counter striker. Nick Diaz is a counter striker. Both guys really only use offensive striking (along with smack talking and antics) to get their opponents to engage so they can counter.

This is also what I was saying, where I was watching the fights people were screaming at the tv for Anderson to KO Nick...Im like do you even watch MMA, look whats happening their styles are canceling each other out and no one is getting a KO. Sometimes the casual fans really get on my nerves with that kind of thinking.

I'd be more shocked if Diaz didn't test positive for marijuana. Silva is a head scratcher though. If I were to guess I'd say he was on steroids during the recovery and rehab of the leg break to regain strength in that leg. I do not believe he has been using all his career as he doesn't have the body type. The UFC is getting very close to ruining MMA.

I'd be more shocked if Diaz didn't test positive for marijuana. Silva is a head scratcher though. If I were to guess I'd say he was on steroids during the recovery and rehab of the leg break to regain strength in that leg. I do not believe he has been using all his career as he doesn't have the body type. The UFC is getting very close to ruining MMA.

I sure as hell hope you are right because I'm a die hard Anderson guy. It absolutely crushes me that this is even an issue. I too hope it has something to do with his leg.
And yes, this whole new "testing" in the UFC does in fact seem to be destroying a lot. I do not believe that everybody is roiding, but I do believe a lot are for recovering from injuries. My bro is a body builder and he was explaining it to me. If anything, the UFC should take a majority of the blame for forcing some of these fighters to keep going in there too often. It's almost like they're forcing these guys to do this stuff. The whole monopoly thing starts to factor into this as well.

It's not the fighting that guys are recovering from, it's all the over training and weight cutting. Fug it....bring back Pride and let everybody juice.

It's not the fighting that guys are recovering from, it's all the over training and weight cutting. Fug it....bring back Pride and let everybody juice.

Yep. It's just so easy to get hurt grappling and for most if not all fighters, this stuff is the biggest source of their income. I wonder how many fighters in the ufc have part time jobs elsewhere.

Back