Two Custom Clone War Veteran Sandtroopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Marmit Armour, re-sculpted Fett cast headsculpt (not sure of the original sculpt) and then repainted, DID WWII German Jakob Blau MP-40 Pouches dyed black and spray painted, RC Model Airplane WWI Lewis 1/6 Machine Gun modded with new stock and barrel, SSC Stormtrooper Hands and feet, shin armour modded, all armour sanded and then everything re-weathered.

3550560619_8d946229ba_b.jpg

3550560141_01e3e03fb4_o.jpg

3550559493_c4ddcdb08a_o.jpg

3551367750_e0f0a71d36_o.jpg

3551365988_d352f932d3_o.jpg

3550557075_8c0694ce8d_b.jpg

great work MC..........badass troopers. the heavy gun came out great.

those are sweet looking sandtroopers. Looks like you put alot of work into them and it shows... I like how one of the troopers rifle is on his back... :rock

those are sweet looking sandtroopers. Looks like you put alot of work into them and it shows... I like how one of the troopers rifle is on his back... :rock

Oddly enough I think it was designed by Marmit to be carried on the back pack as theres a large rod that comes out the Marmit Blaster and correct me if Im wrong (im guessing someone will) but the real blaster has no such rod ?

Anyway thx for the comments guys when you put alot of effort in you appreciate someone commenting ! Thx

Do you think I should weather mind up a bit and scare to make them look like they have seen a lot of action?

sandtroopers9.jpg

Awesome customs. How did you do the sand weathering? Is that real sand?

I have a Marmit Sandtrooper Sgt. that really needs to be weathered. The factory weathering looks figurately and literally, well, like crap.

Thx guys, I used a combination of Tamiya Sand Weathering sticks and Weathering powders, as a rule of thumb I stuck the weathering stick onto a brush and worked the brush into all the nook and crannies (the weathering stick is thick and chunky so hard to use in nook and crannies), then with my hand I thumbed them clean just leaving the weathering stick gunk in the recesses, which helped as this stuff is a bit like oil or thick clumpy paint so it retains the weathering powders when applied over the top of it.

Then took the weathering powders and coated those areas again, I was fortunate that the original Marmit weathering had to be sanded off, so the scratched matte of the sanding on the armour, retained some of the weathering stick and powders naturally (once rubbed into sanded areas its incredibly hard to rub off), if you gonna weather your Medi's Id suggest sanding them, on the areas were you think they need it (ie. elbows, knees, arse, chest, etc) areas that in real life would get ware and tear with that armour on before applying your weathering materials

Then at the end I took a wet cloth and lightly wiped away the areas I wanted a bit cleaner, letting the water do the work (in some cases letting the water run over the armour) so it looked a little like they were caked in sand and then it rained on them

If you cant find the powders or simply dont want to spend money on them then you can try, grating chalk over sand paper to create your pile of powder ! I also took the powder onto the undersuit as that would retain sand in real life also

RTchalk.jpg

Last edited:
Mooncat, what bodies did you use for the customs?

Does anyone know if the sideshow stormtrooper feet will work on a truetype body?

nayo

These guys look great!
Weathering looks vg, and the blaster's amazing :)

Where did you get the headsculpts?
I'm trying to track some down for the SSC clones to do an 'unmasked' version...

BTW, Dorgmal mate, Your trooper needs to be dirtier than a Gonk :)

Cheers,
Doug

It pays to wander into other areas of the forum.

Those two look fantastic. One of my favorite character designs brought to the shelf. Great work Mooncat!

Back