Tupuxuara - Pterodactyl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I figured, but I'm hoping Scar will give us a little hint of what is to come.

:yess:

As in more of this backstory or as in more backstories for other pieces?

More for other pieces I should think...unless it's a continuing saga..of pieces.. ;D

It'll be more backstories for future pieces. There are a few other writers, as you know, so I'm not certain for what pieces they'll be wanting me to expound upon the individual organisms in backstories, though I'll more than happily lend all my efforts to be sure that the personality of the animal shines through memorably. :D

I wonder if anything from that conference is available to the public. I still couldn't find squat on YouTube from searching "Reign of the Dinosaurs".

The Spino is HUGE !

Wonder if this means that's all the Dinosauria releases for SDCC ?

Unfortunately I'm sure it is. Anything new that would be coming out would be on the floor. I'm thankful we got a new piece, it's a great piece and I love the price, but I sure was hoping for the stego...

In the past anything that is going to be out at Comic Con is announced by the time it starts. Once it starts that's all she wrote. I don't know of any time they've added something later.

This year they did it differently with one item a day. In the past they would show all the items on Tuesday or Wednesday and then pre-orders would go up randomly over the next few days. Except for scheduled PPO's.

Personally I think the old way was more exciting. But since I have a full time job now I suppose this way worked out better for me. Oddly enough, this was the only item announced that I want (possibly the new Mort). Usually SDCC is a huge drain on my funds.

It's certainly all I'm interested in at the moment...and kind of a let down. Surely this isn't the BIG news I was told about..or at least feel was being hinted at.

So SS won't show anymore new products for the rest of the month ? Their calendar seems to show they will be through the last day of July :?

I don't know about more product being revealed, but a recent Q&A hinted at a few announcements. Mass Effect license acquisition being one of them. :rock

The Tupuxuara maquette size is pretty decent indeed, and the Spinosaurus is simply awesome both in pose and size. The Velociraptor vs Protoceratops dio also looks really nice regardless of the rather uninspiring backstory. I'm glad that I have every upcoming piece on pre-order, but I'm also worried that if I'll be able to afford the upcoming Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus maquettes.... :(

It's certainly all I'm interested in at the moment...and kind of a let down. Surely this isn't the BIG news I was told about..or at least feel was being hinted at.

So SS won't show anymore new products for the rest of the month ? Their calendar seems to show they will be through the last day of July :?

You're right, it does look like there may be items coming up after the con. It certainly isn't the norm, but they haven't done the normal thing for SDCC this year. So, who knows... I know I'm all for seeing the Steg come up for order.

The only Dinosauria piece on record for 1st quarter..was the Deinosuchus last year and it didn't arrive til about the 2nd week of March. Wonder when we'll hear something on this guy..should be a month posted sooner or later.

I would've that we'd have had news about when this would be shipping soon.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd like those 100 points to put toward the Stego.

Toy Fair would be a good time for the pre-order. It'll give my rewards points from my xmas acquisitions to be available.

I just saw the Tupu has been changed to have a Feb 2011 release date. No idea when but pieces are usually released the 2nd week of the month.

So hopefully we will be getting images of the Stego or whatever the next piece is around then.

Back